Chapter Twenty Six- Planning

"Mr Stark!"

"What the fuck? STEVE?!"

The blond haired Brooklynite winced, hands thrown up on surrender as the inventor glared at him. Stark's eyes were like fire, Peter lifted half off the floor as Tony held him by the scruff of his neck. "Why," he ground out, "is Pete here?"

"I missed you..."

Steve snorted as he watched Tony's face visibly crumple. He really couldn't say no the kid- Tony would make a wonderful father one day, no matter what he himself believed.

"He stowed away."

"Well then... I guess that's acceptable."

"Where is my brother?"

The Captain flinched at the god's icy tones. He was used to his friend being a giant, soft teddy bear. A Labrador in human form. It was easy to forget he was god of a primal force of nature- he wasn't likely to now. Tony inched back a little, eyes darting to a green-skinned woman as if looking for protection. She certainly looked dangerous; she was clad in dark leather and was armed with a whole plethora of weaponry, rivalling even Nat. That must be Gamora, the ex-assassin.

"We know exactly where he is."

"And where is that exactly?"

"Inthefrostgiantdungeons."

"What?"

"In... the frost giant dungeons."

"You fucking-"

"Thor!"

————————————————————————

Thor sighed, rubbing the bridge of his nose. The spider-child was still reproachfully glaring at him, and the Asgardian couldn't even blame him; he had given his father two black eyes after all.

It had been a little over two hours since they arrived. The others- minus the spiderling- were gathered in the cockpit planning their prison break. Thor wasn't one for plans. He planned to just get what he wants and punch anything that tries to stop him, whether it's a person or a wall. The spider-boy had been assigned to watch over him after the third time he'd tried to go off on his own. They were taking too long.

He could sense Saidr in the air, the residual effects of Loki using his magic- advanced magic. Had the witch regained his memories? Surely he couldn't use such complicated spells at such a young age? But then, Loki had always been bright. He didn't know. He didn't know anything anymore.

The doors wooshing open had his head snapping up. Stark hovered in the doorway, deep purple eyes scanning his every move. Thor sighed.

"I'm not going to hit you again, Stark."

"Hmm."

"So? Have you a plan?"
————————————————————————

"So, we infiltrate at Point A, head through to Point B here. B Team will take it from there."

Thor nodded, stroking his beard. "But how will we take out those guards there?"

"Me!" The spiderling's hand shot in the air like an excited child at school. "I'm gonna web them up!"

"Web them up?"

The mischievous grin he received in return seemed almost reassuring. If he was being honest, Thor didn't know much about the boy at all, except that he was Tony's son. The name suggested some kind of spider related power. Perhaps he could summon an insectoid army? That would certainly be a useful way to disable guards.

"I can give you a hand."

"Yondu? Where the fuck have you been?"

"Recon. Know your enemy, boy."

"So, you learnt something useful?" Yondu grinned at his son, pulling a piece of rolled up paper from his harness and lying it out on the table.

Sure black lines swept over the paper, mapping out the jagged peaks and icy slopes of Jotunheim. A structure was drawn in atop one of the mountains, tall and harsh and only accessible via bridges over canyons. A door was etched in one corner of the castle, and this is what Yondu pointed to.

"The princeling is being held in the dungeons here. This is the only entrance that I could see. The giants got ramparts on the walls of the castle, so gettin' across those bridges ain't gonna be easy."

"We already have a plan for the guards, but the rest of this is perfect. Now we can fine tune the plan."

"We'll, let's get to it then."

————————————-———————————-

"Oi! Frost bitch! I'm hungry!"

The jotun's withering stare would have intimidated a lesser man; Loki simply raised an eyebrow, unimpressed. He'd been stuck in that cell for three days now, and hadn't stepped foot out of it once. The cold didn't bother him, obviously, but he did always have a slight annoyance at being trapped in small spaces. It was nothing that would hinder his thought process, but it was irritating nonetheless.

"Well? Are you going to bring me food or not?"

"You'll be lucky I don't beat you for your insolence."

"Insolence? I am your prince, am I not? And this is how you treat me? I worry for how you must treat my poor father."

"Enough!" the giant slammed her spear against the bars of the cage, eliciting a horrible screeching sound like a dying horse. "I grow tired of your talk. Hold your tongue, or lose it."

Loki sighed, sitting back down on the ice slab that served as a bed. Whatever Thor was doing, he'd better hurry up. He didn't know much longer his patience would last before he took matters into his own hands.

————————————————————————

"Did you hear that?"

"Hear what?"

Peter scratched his ear. "It sounded like when you drag nails down a chalkboard."

"Probably some demon creature from this hellscape."

"Damn Gamora, go off on the scenery. She on smoke."

"What. The fuck. Steve."

"What? It's how the kids these days talk. Peter taught me."

"Pete, I am begging you, please continue 'teaching' him. That may have been the single greatest thing I ever witnessed, and I created an arc reactor."

"Yes, Mr Stark sir. I will continue to teach him the language of memes and vine. He will truly become a Gen Z kid."

"Gen Z? Meme? Vine? What are you talking about?"

"Maybe you should join in my lessons, Gamora. It's a truly interesting culture."

"Perhaps I will."

A/N: dang guys, long time no see. Saw this in my drafts so thought I'd finish it and deliver to you. What do we think? Too long? Too short? You want more time with a specific character? Let me know!

Question of the Week(?):

If you could be any Marvel race, what would it be and why?

Now, I'm thinking of changing this book's cover. If anyone wants to design one and submit, I'll have a look and see which one should go up, plus credit you in the chapter. Dm them to me and I'll pick.

Also, at some point I'll need some OCs to progress the story how I want. They probably won't be long term yet, maybe three or four chapters, but I wanna put it to you guys to make some. You can base them off yourself or create someone new entirely. It's up to you. Leave them in comments and I'll see.

Welp, imma head off now. Stay frosty 🤟🏻