Chapter Six- The Fight

A battle cry.

The clash of swords.

A single scream.

Silence.

Wanda sighed, removing her fingers from Loki's temples. He found her eyes, desperation flashing his own green.

"You know what it is?" Loki begged. Wanda nodded. "What is it?"

"Memories," Wanda answered. "A woman is holding a baby. The city is under attack. She puts the baby on the steps and turns. She charges the soldiers and they fight, but she is killed. Eventually, a man comes and picks the baby up." She paused, saddened. "That baby is you, Loki. You are remembering your mother's death."

"Delightful," Loki muttered sarcastically. "Is there any way to make it stop?" Wanda frowned.

"I've just told you that you're repeatedly reliving your mother's death and you didn't even bat an eyelid," she said. Loki shrugged.

"I never knew my mother. Not my real one. To me, she's just another fatality of war," he explained.

"I suppose," Wanda murmured. "I don't know how to make it stop. You might just have to let it run its course." Loki sighed, slouching down. "Sorry."

"It's not your fault. I suppose it's just fate catching up on me. I push myself away from what I love most, start a war, and I get shown what could happen. A befitting punishment for a murderer."

"You are not a murderer!" Wanda exclaimed, placing a hand on either side of his face and forcing him to meet her eyes. "Yes, you have done some terrible, terrible things, but you are not a murderer. You did what you thought you had to in order to survive. You made some mistakes. But the fact that you're here shows that you're trying to make that right. That's what matters." Loki's eyes were wide and shocked at the end of Wanda's impassioned speech. He hadn't expected... this.

"Why are you being so kind? I killed hundreds of your people. You should hate me," he murmured. Wanda glanced down, removing her hands.

"Because I was like you once. I was driven by revenge and fury and hate, not caring who got in my way. But I made it right " she put her hand on his cheek. "And you can too."

They stayed like that for a moment, unaware of the door opening. Wanda smiled slightly, but her smile was soon replaced by a horrified expression.

"What the hell is going on here?"

------------------------------------------------------

Tony Stark was not expecting to walk in at half past nine in the morning to find one of his friends and his mortal enemy sitting on the sofa, their faces only centimetres apart. Needless to say, he was not pleased.

"What the hell is going on here?" he screeched. Wanda's head snapped towards him, her face a mixture of shock and horror. She jumped off the couch as Loki's eyes closed, as though he were accepting his fate.

"You!" Stark snarled. He threw himself at Loki.

------------------------------------------------------

Clint Barton was not expecting to walk in at quarter to ten in the morning to find one of his friends and his mortal enemy grappling on the floor, while another friend screamed at them. Needless to say he was not pleased.

"What the hell is going on here?" he yelled. Wanda looked up.

"Stark is mad because he thinks me and Loki kissed!" she wailed. Barton glared at the fighters.