Chapter Five- Nightmares

Doors banging open.

A battle cry.

The clash of swords.

A single scream.

Silence.

Loki sat up with a gasp. He had had dreams before- horrible, twisted dreams- but these were different. These were more real, and they persisted, plaguing his every thought. He shivered.

"Loki?" the mischief maker jumped at the voice, narrowing his eyes.

"Who's there?" he called.

"Santa Claus," the voice answered sarcastically. Loki rolled his eyes, flopping back onto the bed. He closed his eyes, laying a hand over his face.

"What do you want, Valkyrie?" he sighed. The warrior came into the light, her expression bored.

"I couldn't sleep," she shrugged. Loki opened his eyes and glared at her.

"And what exactly does that have to do with me?" he snapped.

"Because you were screaming like a baby and it woke me up," Valkyrie smirked. Loki tensed.

"Well, I'm awake now so you can go back to your own chamber," he stated. Valkyrie headed to the door but paused, turning back.

"Three weeks," she said.

"What?"

"You've been having those nightmares for three weeks."

"Goodnight, Valkyrie."

"You should tell someone. If not me or Thor, someone."

"Goodnight, Valkyrie." The warrior sighed and left. Loki sat back. She was right, of course. Someone did need to know, in case he turned again. The problem was, who? Not Thor. He would overreact. Valkyrie wouldn't understand. A face popped into his head. She might.

------------------------------------------------------

Thor turned in his bed. Loki had finally stopped screaming. He'd had to resist the urge to go and comfort his brother- he knew Loki wouldn't like him to see him that vulnerable.

He rolled over, trying to get comfortable. He wasn't used to sleeping on a spaceship, but that was the least of  his problems. He had an entire species to look after, even if there were just under a hundred of them. Many had perished in the Battle of Asgard. And then there was Loki.

His younger brother was not faring well, but there was little the God of Thunder could do to help him. He didn't even know what was actually ailing him. The sound of footsteps passed his door. So faint that, unless you were used to such light footfalls, they would go unnoticed. But Thor was used to the silent treads. Loki.

------------------------------------------------------

Wanda whistled as she went about her business. She couldn't sleep, the visions she'd seen when trying to help Loki giving her the need to think.

She poured herself a coffee, sipping the steaming liquid. The bitterness woke her up a little. She froze mid-drink as she  sensed someone behind her. Someone not human, with a strange energy coursing through their body.

"How did you get in?" she demanded without turning round.

"It wasn't exactly hard," the person behind her replied, his signature smirk lacing his words.

"What do you want?" A pause. It lasted only for a second, but to Wanda it seemed to last for an eternity. Then he spoke the words that would send shivers down her spine.

"We need to talk."

A/N: another chapter! Yay! What do you guys think? Please vote, comment etc. Merry Xmas! Love you guys xxx