Chapter Sixteen- Pepper Potts

"Unbelievably stupid!" Stark yelled. He was pacing back and forth and waving his arms wildly as he scolded the children. "When I tell you to do something, you do it, understand? And YOU!" He jabbed a finger accusingly at Loki, who shrank against his brother.

"I knew treating you like a normal kid would be a bad idea. I warned Fury, I warned Coulson. And did they listen to me? No. Why would they? I'm only the last fully grown avenger. I'm only Iron Man. I'm only the one who's gonna be taking care of you brats. From now on, you're gonna be separated from the others, you hear?"

Cries of protest instantly assaulted the older man, but an angry glare soon shut them up. "What if I had been talking to someone dangerous, huh? I told you to stay away for a reason. You could've gotten yourselves killed."

"Mr Stark?" Peter ventured. "I unlocked the door, so shouldn't I be separated too?"

"And I boosted him up, so I also should be separated," Thor added in. Tony looked like he was going to scream. He grabbed a glass off the table, the amber liquid sloshing as he downed it in one gulp. "You kids are gonna make me lose my head."

"Tony?"

Usually the angelic voice would've lifted Tony's spirits, but now it only filled him with horror.

"No, don't come in-"

Pepper Potts took one look at the mini avengers, and passed out on the floor.

—————————————-——————

"You're an idiot."

"I know."

"No, really, you're an idiot."

"Believe me, I know."

"God, Tony."

"Yup."

"What kind of moron manages to turn the Avengers into children?"

"Clearly, this kind?"

"TONY! This is serious! What if we get invaded? What if Loki comes back?"

Tony glanced at the seven year old doodling on one of the walls. Pepper narrowed her eyes suspiciously and followed his gaze, watching the boy. She took in the unruly, raven black hair, the intelligent eyes, the green shirt, and closed her eyes against the headache forming in her skull.

"Tony?" she ground out through clenched teeth.

"Yes, my beautiful, kind, intelligent, forgiving fiancée?"

"Please tell me that's not Loki."

Tony hesitated.

"I would, but there'd be a problem with that."

"And what is that?"

"Well... you made me promise to never lie to you."

Loki turned in surprise at the sound of someone being slapped very very hard.

————————————————————

Dear Avengers,

In the event of my death- which will, no doubt, be heartbreaking and catastrophic for every one of you- I would like to clarify a few things.

a. It was Coulson's idea. I had no part in the making of the plan. Coulson told Fury, and Fury loved it. So blame them. Not me.

b. I did it for you. Be grateful. I want a statue at the very least.

c. Whatever you do, don't go into storage unit 374. I mean it. Just don't.

All my love,

Your very own genius playboy billionaire philanthropist,

Anthony Stark

————————————————————

"You ready yet, boy?" Yondu called, leaning against the doorframe. Stark put the pen down and propped the letter against a vase of flowers, where it was immediately noticeable.

"Yup," he answered, shrugging on his coat. "Is the kid ready?"

"Yep. I had some trouble with Thor; the kid didn't want to be left behind while his baby brother was taken off god knows where. But rules are rules, even he respects that."

"This is a terrible idea."

"I know, but Loki's my bounty. I'm doing him a favour. Now come on. It's time for you to meet the Guardians of the Galaxy."

A/N: I know.

That took a while.

But here you go.

x x x x x x x x x