Chapter Ten- Pizza, Coulson and the Chitauri

You'd have thought it would be relatively easy to order dinner at Avengers HQ. Unfortunately, that was not the case.

"Pizza!" yelled Clint, leaning back in a recliner chair with a bottle of beer in his hand. "Meat feast!"

"No! We should have risotto!" Natasha's input was, naturally, discarded straight away.

"Chinese!"

"Pasta!"

"Chicken wings!"

"Enough!" Tony, quickly getting bored of the argument, stood on a table to accommodate for his short height. "I am ordering, as I am paying." Grumbles could be heard, but no one argued. Tony glanced round. "Kid? What do you fancy? You haven't said anything." Peter shrugged.

"I don't mind, really. It's just food." Hawkeye started laughing.

"You hear that? 'Just food'. That's ridiculous," he scoffed. Their 'intern' just shrugged again. Stark rolled his eyes.

"Okay, what's everyone having? I'll send the order to an agent and get it delivered," he decided. He grabbed some paper and a pencil.

Food for the Avengers- TOP Priority!!!!

1 x meat feast pizza for Cawcaw

1 x chilli risotto for terrifying assassin

1 x chicken wings for Captain Spangles

1 macaroni cheese for mind man

1 x Chinese chicken for rage machine

1 x cheese pizza for Thunder Pants

1 x loaded burger for handsome genius

1 x lasagne for boy genius

1 x kebab for crimson magician

1 x lamb skewers for Spangles' bird

"I think that's everyone," Stark announced. Thor frowned.

"Loki?" he asked. His brother glanced up absently.

"Hmm? Oh, I'm not hungry. But thank you," he continued reading, sat cross legged on the sofa. Stark narrowed his eyes.

"What are you reading?" he demanded. Loki held the book up, still reading, and Stark did a double take. "Twilight?"

"Yes, it's rather entertaining. But I'm confused. Why do the vampires sparkle?" the God of Mischief frowned. "Unless they're not vampires. They could be Dark Elves, I suppose. But that still wouldn't explain the sparkling-"

"Anyway!" Barton said loudly, cutting off Loki's ramblings. The raven haired man didn't notice, already reading again. "Food?" Stark nodded, glancing in disbelief at Loki, and handed an agent the paper. He grabbed the TV controller. He clicked the power button, the news blaring from the screen.

"-are still unsure as to the nature of these attacks, but assure us the culprits will be caught. Suspicions from the public are centred on Loki, the psychopathic Asgardian that threatened Earth just a few short years ago and has not been seen since. There have been calls for the government to execute him, but, since he is probably off terrorising another innocent planet and murdering all their children that won't be-"

The screen popped, ice tendrils snaking along its shiny surface. They glanced to the sofa, but Loki was gone.

____________________________________

"Ah, finally!" Barton grabbed the food from the agent, who he still didn't know the name of, and dumped it on the table. "Food!" he yelled. There was a thumping noise and two of the Avengers exploded into view from different parts of the room- even the ceiling, much to Barton's amusement, the others having gone to the training room.