Chapter Twenty Two- Hiding in Boredom

"This is unbelievably boring," Quill moaned, kicking a cardboard box. "I thought going into hiding would be more like a spy movie."

"Then, somehow, you're even more idiotic than I thought," Loki stated absently, flipping the page in his book. Quill gasped.

"How dare you!"

"Quite easily," he responded monotonously. Gamora nodded beside him, Quill's eyes widening in disbelief.

"Gamora! You're supposed to be on my side!" the 'man' whined.

"Just because you're in love with me doesn't mean I'll defy facts to support you."

"Wha- me in love with you? You love me back though, right? Right? Right, Gamora?"

Gamora hummed, smirking with Loki. Quill narrowed his eyes. He didn't like this new alliance that seemed to have formed between the Jotun and the Zehoberei. He'll have to watch that.

"I don't like this." Stark finally descended from his room, hair askew and fingers fiddling with some kind of gadget. Quill grinned.

"Finally! Someone who's as bored as I am!" he exclaimed, clapping a hand in the inventor's shoulder. Stark rolled his eyes.

"I mean I don't like this lack of... stuff. It feels like the calm before the storm." Loki and Gamora nodded. They, too, had felt the same. "You think Yondu got anything out of our Jotun guest?"

"Doubt it. They're not exactly well known for being chatty," Gamora answered. Quill snorted.

"You coulda fooled me," he smirked at Loki.

"I could get him to talk. I was taught how to get people to... open up," the young god answered. Stark frowned.

"Who taught you?"

Quill grinned. "Yeah, Loki. Who taught you? Do you remember?"

"My father," Loki answered monotonously. "Odin felt it important that I learn how to get secrets from those who wish to keep them. I excelled." He regarded Quill innocently. "Why? Who should have taught me?"

"You little-"

"If you really think you can get the Jotun to talk, go for it. It's not like we have any other options."

Loki nodded, jumping off the crate and heading downstairs. He sparked Quill as he passed, the little electric shock forcing a yelp out his mouth. Loki grinned. Fooling these people was easier than even he expected it to be.

————————————————————

"I don't trust him."

"You don't have to trust him. You just have to not kill him."

"Easier said than done."

"I like him." Yondu grinned. "Kinda reminds me of myself."

"Really? He's such a- a dick!" Quill flapped. Yondu shrugged.

"So am I?"

"Yeah, but... whatever, man. The truth is," Quill dropped his voice. "He remembers everything. This amnesiac innocent act he's putting on is all a fake!"

Yondu rolled his eyes. "I know. I ain't stupid, boy. I've been doing this longer than you been alive."

"Then why didn't you say something?"

"What good would it have done? With all the shit that's gone on, people tend to forget that that kid ain't an ordinary kid. He's a frigging god, a prince of Asgard, the rightful king of Jotunheim. He's also an incredibly powerful sorcerer. He's not just Thor's annoying kid brother."

Quill snorted. "Believe me, I am very aware of that. But, what are we gonna do about him?" Yondu shrugged.

"Keep an eye on him? That's 'bout all we can do."

————————————————————
"Kushan."

"What is it, Gagen?" the Frost Giant turned to the smallest of his soldiers.

"We have been scouting the ship for several days. I believe we have enough knowledge of the terrain and ship to begin our plan," Gagen's smile was razor sharp.

"It is time, then." Kushan flexed his fingers. "Gather the others. We attack tonight."

————————————————————

"Next time I see Tony, I'm gonna kill him," Pepper's eyes were unnaturally dark. "A few days, he said. A week at most. It's been a month. No contact for the past two weeks. Asshole."

Steve coughed to his his laugh, knowing full well how capable his friend was. "I don't doubt that, Miss Potts. But I'm sure Tony is fine." Pepper hummed, fingers drumming against the counter.

"Where do you think he is?" Her gaze was distant, mind full of bright stares and swirling galaxies. "It's so strange to think, he's not even on Earth. He could be on an alien planet."

"He is," Thor strolled into the room, Capri-Sun in hand. "Jotunhein, to be exact. Loki's home planet."

"How do you know?"

"I asked Heimdall to have a look for me. He's fine, just a little cabin fever."

Pepper relaxed, a soft sigh escaping her lips as the tension visibly left her body. "That's a relief. Though, I wonder why he's there, Jotunheill."

"Jotunheim. And why not? It's a pretty good hiding spot."

"Still, Tony willingly going to Loki's planet, of all people."

"It is strange," Thor agreed. "All we can do now us trust him."

A/N: sooo no long time no see. How's everyone doing in this hellhole apocalypse world? You guys going crazy too?

Question of the Week:

What's your favourite Marvel planet?

Can't wait to see what you put. Reasons why are also welcome. Vote, comment, etc. Stay frosty 🤟🏻