Chapter Three- Letting the God In

"Loki! Loki! Wake up!" Thor muttered, shaking Loki. He cradled his little brother in his arms, Loki's back against his chest, worry etched onto his face. Loki remained motionless, his head tipped back and resting on Thor's shoulder. Wanda watched panic twist Thor's features, concern settling in her stomach.

Valkyrie rushed forward, dropping to her knees before them. Wanda distantly registered Banner rejoining the Avengers, talking animatedly and waving his hands at the two gods.

"Is he okay?" a tentative voice asked. Thor's head snapped up. Peter hovered behind Stark, his dark eyes made darker with fear. Thor glanced back at his brother, biting his lip. Wanda examined Loki. Regular breathing, regular pulse...

"I think... he should be..." Thor responded warmly, if a little uncertainly. Peter nodded. Stark watched him, an intense look that bordered on protective.

"Thor," Valkyrie's calm voice seemed to bring Thor back to reality.

"What is it, Valkyrie?" he murmured, fear lacing his words and shown in his fluttering hands.

"We should take him inside," she suggested. Thor nodded slowly, then sighed. "They'd never let him inside."

"I could ask Mr Stark for you, if you'd like," Peter offered from behind him. Thor jumped, startled, and turned to see the boy peering at them.

"I... thank you," Thor stuttered. Peter nodded again.

"I'm Peter. Parker. I help out when certain, er, situations arise," he explained. It was Thor's turn to nod. He scooped Loki up into his arms and carried him bridal style to where the others stood. Loki's head lolled back, one arm dangling freely, the other resting on his stomach. Peter danced ahead and lightly tugged on Stark's sleeve.

"Mr Stark?" he asked. The billionaire turned to him, an eyebrow raised. "Can Mr Thor bring Mr Loki in until he wakes up?" The teenager's brown eyes were innocent and pleading. A smile tugged at Wanda's mouth. The kid sure knew how to use those 'puppy dog' eyes of his.

"Can he what?" Stark asked incredulously. He met Peter's gaze and sighed, passing a hand down his face. "Fine. But only if he stays under our constant guard. And I mean constant." Peter grinned.

"Thank you!" He threw his arms round the older man. Stark grimaced, raising his arms before patting Peter awkwardly on the back. Thor nodded at the others before heading inside, Wanda hot at his heels. He found himself in a spacious living room, sofas surrounding a coffee table on three sides one end of the room, by the floor to ceiling window. A bar stood at the other end. The god of thunder gently laid his brother on one of the couches. The others filed in beside him.

"Is it a trick?" Barton's tone was harsh. Thor sighed, standing.

"No," he answered firmly. Romanoff snorted.

"How can you be sure?" she smirked. "He's not entirely trustworthy." Banner sent her a glare, but the redhead just crossed her arms defiantly.

"When we were younger, it was not uncommon for Loki to collapse," Thor stated. "But it hasn't happened in such a long time... I was beginning to believe it never would. Clearly, I was wrong." Steve still looked sceptical. Wanda stepped forward.

"May I?" she asked, gesturing at the sleeping god. Thor hesitated, but nodded. The Scarlet Witch knelt beside Loki and placed a hand to either side of her head. She closed her eyes, her hands shimmering red, and listened.

Doors banging open.

A battle cry.

The clash of swords.

A single scream.

Silence.

A/N: yaaaaa! Another chapter! What do you think?

Q: Who do you think the woman was in the prologue, and why is Loki dreaming about her?

Feel free to guess, no matter how much more I've written! Please vote, comment etc. Love you guys xxx