Chapter 3

Defying against fate

A cold yet handsome face of a young man looking down at her was the first thing that Kirsten saw the moment she opened her eyes.

Beside her there was also a beautiful woman with an exhausted face smiling weakly at her.

She can't tell how many minutes have passed since she woke up from her slumber yet her mind can't still process what the hell is going on. She is one hundred percent sure that she died in the plane crash. No one would be able to survive that kind of accident but why the heck she is alive and awake right now?

She tried moving her body by lifting her arms up however instead of seeing her long arms what she saw was a small fluffy hands that looks like it could break easily.

'Huh? What kind of joke is this. This isn't funny at all!'

"Do you think something us wrong with her Austin?" The woman said and look at her with concerned eyes.

'I think so too miss.'

"The priest said that she's perfectly fine." The man answered back.

'Priest? I need a freaking docto- no nevermind I forgot I hate doctors.'

"Alright, then have you decided a name?"

"I'm not good at naming." The man said in monotone.

"Hmm.. oh! How about Lavender?" Her face was beaming and her eyes were sparkling.

"It's good."

'Why are they acting like parents naming their baby in front me. Do I look like- wait.. no way!'

"Then.."

"Lavender Bruella... grow up beautiful and intelligent my child and be useful to the family."

It was like a lightning struck on her mind when she heard that familiar name. She suddenly felt an excruciating pain in her head and series of flashbacks popped out in her mind. It was the scene before the plane crashed down and exploded.

'Argh, it hurts.'

"Uwaaaah.. uwaaaah!"

"Oh my, she's finally crying! I think she likes it!"

"That.. that doesn't seem to be the case."

The flashbacks continued to play in her mind until it suddenly stopped when she grabbed that strange book inside her bag.

There was a series of scenes again playing in her mind but this time it was the scenes she read in the book. All the words from the book was being planted on her memory from beginning to the end.

When flashbacks stops, the pain finally subside.

'Lavender Bruella.. damn.'

'Did I really possessed that stupid villainess in that novel?'

Kirsten laughed like crazy inwardly upon realizing her current situation.

'A villainess? Seriously, that cheap title doesn't suit this mighty Kirsten Vermilton.'

She is someone that stood higher than others. How dare this world insult her like this.

A smile crept on her face.