Chapter 41

Abduction

Before the day was through, rumors began to circulate regarding the meeting's conclusion. Some were happy while some of theme are unsatisfied. The following days, the mana crystals was revealed to the public and it received mixed opinions from the public.

The East, of course, was the most delightful of the news.

The Empire decided to held a banquet for Count Bruella and for the knights who participated in the exploration. 

Days, months, and years has finally passed and the Empire has gone back to its peaceful days.

However, amidst the peaceful times of the Empire, a sudden news reached the Emperor's ears. 

"What? The South?

"Yes, your majesty. And also, the other news came from Lumin Kingdom."

Hearing the name of the Kingdom where his daughter Lesvaine is currently staying made him frown.

"According to the report, they were attacked by high ranked monsters from the forest of death."

"What about Lesvaine, is there any news from her?"

"The kingdom closed their borders for now your majesty, we were still trying to find a way to contract the princess."

The Emperor nodded at his aide. Although, he is certain that her Lumin Kingdom is also known for its strong defenses against monsters but he still have a bad feeling about the news he received.

Meanwhile...

"How was it?"

A mysterious figure of a man was standing at the top of the clock tower which is the highest building in the capital who was wearing a black cloak. Behind him was also a man who was kneeling before him after reporting the result of his mission.

"Its a success my lord."

"Well done."

The mysterious man smirked upon hearing the news. He put his hand in his mouth holding back the laughter, but he eventually gave up and laugh out loud like crazy. While laughing, he handed an enveloped to the assassin.

"Give this to Duke Welverine, and tell him it is a new order from them."

"Yes, my lord."

~*~

A cold crystal blue eyes shone in the dark forest. After that, a red light cut through the air followed by a series of slashes. 

While swinging her blade, a cerberus suddenly attacked from behind but with only one swing of her katana without looking at her back, the heads of cerberus fell on the ground on by one.

Clap

Clap

Clap

"Stop it, Ethernetus."

Kirsten swung her katana for one last time to take off the blood of cerberus from it.

"I am just happy happy for you master, you finally mastered using and manifesting your aura without having any problems."

For the past years, Kirsten practiced everyday inside the forest of death without stopping. Swordsmanship, magic training, control of blessings and creating different magical tools and weapons with the help of the elves. Everything went smoothly without interruptions. There's not a day that Kirsten praised herself for deciding to train inside the forest of death. 

No one is aware that while the world is enjoying their peaceful days, a monster was raising herself inside the forest of death.

"Master, I have a big news for you."