Chapter 11

Her partner in crime

Count Bruella wiped away the blood that was splattered in his left cheek after killing the last cerberus. They spend five hours non-stop subjugating the cerberus outside the wall and thanks to the effort of the Count, they were able to hold on and defeat all of them without having a lot of deaths.

"Roel let the less harmed knights to assist the gravely injured."

"Yes my Lord."

The Count gave him a nod before putting back his sword in the scabbard hanging in his waist at looked above the wall.

Count Bruella felt a thump in his heart when he can't sense Lavender. When he realized that Lavender wasn't there because he can't sense her aura around the place, Count Bruella immediately run inside the City.

"Damnit Lavender, I told you to stay where you are!"

Along the way, he met the group of Airon who was surprised by his appearance.

"C-Count! How.."

"Have you seen my daughter?"

Airon gulped meeting the cold gaze if the Count and hearing his deep voice.

"N-No Count-"

With his answer, Count Bruella left the confused Airon and ran passed through them.

"Sir Airon! I'm glad you came, please help us carry the injured and someone call a priest for them."

Airon and his group came back to their senses when they saw the figures of Roel and the knights from a far. They are still confused how the Count was able to arrived first when they left the manor first before the Count.

"Go help them, and Radi prepare the available priest in this city at the temple. Roan inform the citizens to go back now to their respective houses."

"Yes sir!" The knights replied in unison.

Airon turned his head towards the path where the Count ran after asking.

'Why would the Count asked for the young miss?'

As much as he want to go and ask the Count what is going on, he chose to help the injured knights first. Seeing how deep their wounds are he concluded that they must have fought a high ranked monster.

On the other side, Count Bruella followed the faint trace of Lavender's aura. He can also see her footsteps that looks like she was running.

The Count's heart was pounding thinking that someone harmed her daughter or something happened while he was gone.

He noticed that her footsteps was going towards the temple. Count Bruella sighed in relief thinking that Lavender was in the temple.

However, his mind suddenly went blank when he saw the headless dead body of a cerberus laying on the ground.

"L.. Lavender? Shit!"

Count Bruella felt like his world is breaking when he saw his daughter laying on the ground beside the cerberus. Her yellow dress was covered with blood and she has bruises and small scratches in her skin.

He bended down his knees and put Lavender in his lap. Count Bruella stiffened when he felt the cold body of Lavender. He immediately checked her breathing and he was relieved to know that she is still alive.

"I'm sorry Lavender I wasn't able to protect you."

Count Bruella quickly stood up carrying Lavender's cold body and ran towards the temple.