Chapter 7

A troublesome brother

Fire.'

A smirk pursed in Kirsten lips seeing the ball of fire floating above her hand.

The ability of Creation doesn't limit on physical object. Even though Kirsten doesn't have an affinity to fire magic or any other elements it doesn't matter as long as she knows what makes a fire.

This world lack scientific knowledge but Kirsten is different. If she can't use any elemental magic then she can just create one.

Kirsten continued to experiment in her ability without realizing that it's already time for lunch.

A knock was heard in the room.

"Young miss, the Count wants you to join them for lunch at the dining room. The Duchess and the young master is also there."

Kirsten frowned upon hearing her maid.

'My little brother?'

Kirsten put back the object from her hand and shouted 'okay' from the inside.

She was planning to stay all day alone in her room do more experiments but it looks like she needs to stop for now.

Lavender has a little brother who was very sickly. So he often stayed at the capital to get treated. He is living with the Countess parents who takes care of him at the capital.

She only saw him at least five times since he rarely visit the manor due to his sickness. And she didn't bother to get close with him since she's not interested on him.

Liz and Elsa guided her to the dining room as soon she stepped out from her room.

"Greetings father and mother." Kirsten greeted politely and give a curtsy.

"Sit down already." Said by the Count with an indifferent expression.

'Looks like this old man is in the bad mood.'

"Lavender look, Louise is here! Come and say hi to your brother." The Countess said cheerfully and lead her to her chair.

Kirsten pursed her lips in to smile."Hi Louise welcome back! Are you okay now?"

Louise stared at her blankly.

"Hello sister. I am okay now."

"Really? Wow, that's good!"

"The Priest said I don't have to go to the capital anymore."

"Gasp. Is that true mother?"

The Countess smiled and replied, "Yes.    That's why we are gathering here to celebrate it!"

The Count remained silent for the whole time while the Countess is the one who keep talking.

"Louise, do you know that Lavender caught the attention of the second Prince and asked her for a dance?" The Countess said with an excited face.

".. is that so. Congratulations sister."

"I just got lucky."

"And oh, the daughter of Welverine will be hosting a tea party soon! Both of you should attend okay? Especially you Louise since you haven't done anything big yet."

"I'll do my best mother."

Louise answered the Countess politely despite of her offensive remarks.

"Lavender has been showing great achievements even though she still don't have a proper education."

"I am expecting that you will also the same Louise since you are already fine."