Chapter 6

Magics and Auras

"Did you enjoy the party you've been excited about for days?" Count Bruella asked on her daughter that has been smiling since they leave the palace.

"Yes! It's the best moment of my life!"

"I see, you didn't."

"Father I just said I enjoyed it." Kirsten answered trying her best to not lose her smile since the Countess is sitting beside her.

"Is it because of the second Prince?"

"How could I dare to insult the Prince like that Father."

"Quit that acting of yours young lady, you're mother is already sleeping."

Upon hearing his words she looked up to peek at the Countess and she is indeed already sleeping.

The smile painted on Kirsten's lips the whole time vanished immediately as if it didn't exist.

"I really can't fool you Father." Kirsten said and rolled her eyes.

"Your may manipulate your actions and expressions Lavender but your aura can never hide your true nature."

Her pupils were dilated after hearing the Count's confession.

"You can see auras Father?"

"Of course, it is an ability that I acquired after becoming a Sword master."

"Why was the book never said something about that?" Kirsten's hands were slightly trembling.

She was careless. Since she is possessing the body of Lavender therefore her aura must have changed also. The original Lavender is a spoiled brat but not to the point capable of hurting or thinking of causing someone's misfortune and death which is very opposite to Kirsten who can do and will do everything just to achieve her goal.

"Is there any Sword master present in the party?"

"Obviously."

Kirsten bites her lower lip.

"How many?"

"More than ten."

Kirsten went silent and sweat started to form on her forehead. She looked like a rat caught in a trap.

Seeing the unusual expression of her daughter, the Count who usually have a cold expression in his face laughed.

"Lavender do you know what color you have everytime?"

"..."

"You have the darkest red color I've ever seen in my life. And the darker the color the more dangerous that person is. It means that you are the most dangerous person I've met my dear daughter." The Count said and grinned.

Kirsten glared at the Count.

'I knew it. This old man has been hiding something from me.'

Kirsten remained silent and trying to think of the possibilities that may happen after this day. If what the Count said is true the Sword masters who saw her must have easily spotted her among the crowd and already considered as a threat. Her death might happen earlier than she think. With her current status she will never win against powerful enemies.

"You look really troubled my daughter. Should I help you ease your worries?" The Count said with a smirk.

Kirsten tried to calm herself down. What done is already done. She faced the Count with a serious face.

"Why are you so calm, are you not curious why I have this color?"

"Hmm.. not really, I just think it's natural."