Chapter 22

She's moving

"This way milady."

A maid guided her in a spacious room which is larger than what she has in the manor. 

"Thank you Celine."

Kirsten said cheerfully to the maid. The maid's pupils dilated when she heard the little lady in front of her addressed her name.

"H-how did you know my name milady?"

"Oh, sorry I just heard it from the royal knight who assigned you to me. Since I am only a guess here I thought it would be rude for me not to know the name of the maid temporarily assisting me here."

Kirsten look down and had a shy smile on her face.

The maid was touched how kind the young lady is. It was her first time that a noble addressed her in her name since she started working in the palace. 

"Please don't be sorry young lady you can call me anything as you please. It is my great pleasure to serve such considerate lady."

And with that, Kirsten successfully tamed the maid with her simple act of kindness,

Her father said that they will be staying inside the Imperial palace  for three days. She is certain that the nobles who got this news are speculating the purpose of the sudden visit of the Lord of the land of Margina who is known for being aloof and cold.

Only those individuals who has a strong connection with the Imperial family is allowed to stay inside the palace. This is indeed a great move for the Count to warn those predators trying to devour them with their fangs.

"You can leave me now Celine. I can manage to arrange my things by myself. I know that you still have a lot of duties to fulfill inside the palace."

Kirsten said to the maid when she's done brining all her things inside their room. 

"Are you sure milady? I don't think it is right for me to let a noble lady work."

"It's really fine Celine."

Seeing the confident smile of Kirsten, Celine just sighed and bowed her head before excusing herself.

"If it is what you want then I have no right to force you milady. Just call me if you needed something and I will give it to you right away. Please excuse me."

 Kirsten waved her hand towards the maid until she got out of her room.

When she is finally left alone, the sweet and kind-hearted  girl was replaced with a cold and emotionless face. 

"Ethernetus come out."

Ethernetus immediately answered to her master's calling and emerged in front of her in physical form.

"Can we go tonight?"

"Yes master. I have already secured the whole land in case of emergency."

"Good."

"Which forest do you want to go first master?"

"Where the rulers of the sky are sleeping."

The corner of the servant's lips raised when he immediately understood what his master is talking about.

"Then I will prepare everything right away master."

"You may now go back."

Ethernetus bowed before disappearing. Kirsten has also cancelled the barrier she have set to avoid any suspicions outside. She was actually quite surprised when the First Prince felt her magic even outside.