Chapter 30

The villainous little brother

Today was the start of the official participation of Kirsten in Louise class in swordsmanship.

Kirsten was feeling enthusiastic than ever. She has been waiting for a long time for this. In her eyes, a swordsman is much cooler than a mage.

Aside from the Count, Louise and the Emperor, no one know that she is a mage. Also, she's planning to explore more the forest of death and fight stronger monsters in order to get stronger physically and not just depend on mana.

Kirsten arrived at the training ground where Louise take his swordsmanship class. From afar she saw his little brother whispering something to his instructor.

She activated her hightened senses to hear what Louise told to the instructor.

Kirsten sighed when she heard what he told him.

"Never make my sister a single tear of sweat or else when I grow up and become a swordmaster the blood of you and your family will be the first one to taint my sword."

'Did I raised my pet wrong? I can't remember I taught him like that.'

"Louise!"

"S-s-sister!"

He was quick to immediately change his expression when he saw her. But he failed to hide his nervousness in his voice which Kirsten find adorable.

'It seems my little brother is becoming more like me. Should I be proud of it?'

"I heard what you told to the instructor Louise. Do you really dislike me joining your training?"

"No! It's not like that.. it's.."

"I know you're worried but if you continue to do that I won't talk to you anymore."

Louise paled after hearing what she said and ran towards her. He hugged her waist and he started crying.

"Waaah I'm sorry sister. I won't do it again I promise! Please talk to me!"

Kirsten didn't expect this reaction and she was planning to tease him more but his face was already devastated as it is.

She peeked at the instructor who was watching them and she was confused because he was glued in his place while his shock eyes was focused on Louise who was clinging to her like a lost puppy.

"Instructor?"

"Yes? Ah yes milady!"

"Let's begin."

"S-sisterr! I'm sorryyyy!"

Kirsten decided to ignore Louise throughout the training. It is to ensure that he won't do it again in the future. And as expected, Louise was gloomy the whole time and keep glaring at the instructor.

For some reason, she have a bad feeling that something will happen but she don't know what it is.

"Sister.."

The next day, Kirsten heard a news that their instructor in swordsmanship died in a carriage accident.

"What?"

Kirsten uttered in disbelief.

"So, the Count said to wait for a while until he can find a new instructor for the young master and the young lady."

Kirsten dismissed the maid who brought the news and was left alone in her room.

"That little fox, my instinct is screaming that he's the one who caused that instructor's death."