Chapter 17

The story

"What did you say? The three among the ten spies I sent went missing?"

The cold and deep voice of the man sitting in a throne-like chair echoed throughout the room. His menacing tone made the kneeling spies shiver in fear.

They are currently inside a secret room found under the abandoned building not that far away from the land of Margina.

"Yes my lord, there are no traces that they were killed or abducted. It was like their existence was completely erased that even the communication device we used doesn't work."

The spy whose kneeling closer to the man reported while his eyes were on his shoes, afraid to meet their lord's piercing gaze.

The man's eyes were boiling in rage upon hearing the report, the air inside the room became heavy and his dark aura can be felt in each corner. The spies held their head down in fear trying not to tremble in front of their lord.

"What a useless bunch of pawns."

No one dared to respond to their lord and kept their mouth shut..

"How about the Bruella County?"

The man tried to quell his anger by asking for another report.

"The Count of Bruella is not doing any suspicious move my lord. He is still managing his territory well and the security of each City increases because of the monster attack happened few weeks ago."

It was just normal that the Count would become cautious and careful from now on since one of his City was attacked. However..

'that attacked should have been a success since that person planned it.'

"What about her daughter."

The spies flinched and hesitated to answer. Once their lord heard the report, they are certain that he would be furious.

"Why aren't you responding."

The spy in charge spying the young miss of the Bruella gulped before answering.

"Lavender Bruella is..

not doing anything that is written in the story my l-lord."

"What? Elaborate."

The man took a deep breath and answered his lord.

"The young miss didn't made any contact with Princess Historia and maintained her neutrality by not taking any sides between the Princess and the young lady of Welverine duchy. She is also greatly favored by the Count and the Countess and she is close with her younger brother Louise which is opposite to everything that is written in the story."

The man frowned and clenched his fist.

"That girl is going against the plot?"

His anger is rising once again and the temperature inside the room increased.

"I have to report this to the elders. Continue observing that girl as well as the County and send a message to Princess Historia, my daughter, to start making a move with that stubborn young lady of Bruella."

"We will follow your command my lord."

~*~

"Heh, what an interesting conversation."