3: Technically

three

I woke up to the smell of pancakes, good smelling ones, which meant that Jenna had to be home. Jenna and I were the only two in the family that knew how to actually cook, and I only recently learned.

I slowly crawled out of bed, instantly running into the bathroom that was between Elena and Jeremy's room, and throwing up into the toilet. "Delicious." I groaned, noticing the little vomit that had landed on the collar of my shirt I'd been wearing since last night.

After vomiting a second time, I brushed my teeth, and went into my room to change into a long, loose white t-shirt then headed downstairs.

I looked out the window near the front door, Jenna's car wasn't in the driveway. I thought for a moment, remembering that she and Ric were going on a picnic today. "Elena, when did you learn how to c-" I paused, walking into the kitchen, "you're not Elena."

"Uh, you're right." Stefan let a small laugh escape from his lips. "How'd you sleep?"

"Horribly." I sighed, "my bed isn't very comfortable, and I dreamt that my boyfriend left me for my sister - oh, wait."

"Ha. Ha." Stefan glared, placing a plate in front of me, with two pancakes covered in syrup and peanut butter on it, as well as a light tan smoothie beside it. "I knew with how much you drank, you'd be hungover, so I made my drunk smoothie."

"Thanks." I pressed my mouth into a smile, remembering how many times he made me the same smoothie before. "have you told Elena yet?"

"No." He sat on the chair across from me, "I don't plan on telling her either. I can't have both of the Gilbert twins hating me."

"I mean, you could." I took a sip of the smoothie, tasting only strawberries and a little bit of vodka, luckily. I knew that there was a handful of gross things in the smoothie, so I was thankful I could only taste the two good ingredients. Stefan glared again, "kidding."

"I was going to tell her." He handed me a fork and a knife, "but I thought about it, and it'd only cause drama. You two are sisters, you shouldn't hate each other."

"Coming from the guy who hates his brother." I smiled slightly, cutting off a small triangle of pancake before shoving it into my mouth. "Where is Elena anyways?"

"She's upstairs, on the phone." He pointed toward his finger upward. Stefan took a deep breath, "do you want to talk about last night? Now that your sober and -"

"No." I stated quickly, pancake still in my mouth. "I may have been wasted, but I remember every bit of last night, so I don't need to relive the situation."

"Alright." He grabbed an apple out of the bowl from the island.

"Why are you going to eat an apple if you made pancakes?" I squinted slightly, confused.

"I don't like pancakes." He bit into the apple, a huge chunk now in his mouth.

"Then why did you make them?"

He swallowed the bit in his mouth before smiling. "Because you like them."

"You used to eat them every morning." I squinted again, holding back the urge to smile as much as I could. Not only were more memories of spending the mornings with Stefan flashing through my head; but Stefan had a piece of apple skin stuck on his front tooth.

"I only ate them because you liked them." He raised his eyebrows, "but now that we're not dating, I don't have to pretend to like them."

"Elena doesn't like pancakes." I tilted my head, my smile slightly showing. "She's going to wonder how you knew that I liked them."

"I'll tell her I didn't know she didn't like them," he said, smiling as well, the apple skin showing. "We've only been dating a few weeks, we don't know everything about each other yet."

"You know," I began before taking another bite of my pancakes and swallowing it. "You never actually broke up with me. Technically we are still together."

"I guess if you think of it like that." He shrugged, "most people consider themselves single when their boyfriend doesn't reply for months."

"Technically -" I ignored his late statement, "I could kiss you right now, because we're dating."

"Technically, you could." He bit into his apple again, keeping his eyes locked on mine.

"But I won't." I sighed, laughing lightly. "because you have apple stuck in your teeth, and that's very unattractive."

"What?" His cheeks got the lightest shade of red as he ran his tongue over his teeth before showing me them, "did I get it?"

"Still there."

He repeated running his tongue over his teeth, not knowing where exactly it was. "How about now?" He asked after two or three minutes.

"This is embarrassing." I laughed, standing up and leaning over the table. "Smile."

Stefan opened his mouth, exposing his teeth. I quickly pulled the apple from in between his front teeth.

"There. It's gone." I wiped the apple on the napkin sitting on the table, our faces only inches apart. "You're welcome."

As i was about to sit back down, I felt Stefan's hand rush up to the back of my neck, pulling me closer to him. Our lips crashed together, which I probably would have noticed hurt but I was too into the kiss to realize.

"Hey Stefan, did you make pancakes?" Elena's voice echoed throughout the house, causing me to back away quickly and sit down.

I had already gotten my breathing steady by the time she actually got into the kitchen, but the butterflies attacking my stomach and the urge to smile still ran through my body.

"Oh, you're awake early." Elena smiled at me, making herself a plate of pancakes and sitting down. "I didn't hear you get up."

"I smelt the pancakes." I smiled at her, watching his poke at the food. Stefan stood up to throw away his apple core.

Elena quickly leaned over and covered her mouth, "I haven't told him I don't like pancakes. It didn't seem like a conversation starter. Should I tell him or continue to eat them?"

"I think he knows." I whispered back, the smile remaining on my face. "I may have told him."

"Oh, good." She backed away and laughed. "You're happy today. What's going on with you?"

"I don't kiss and tell." I smirked at Elena, the both of us jumping with Stefan dropped something on the ground.

"Uh, sorry.." He stood after picking up a fork. Elena only smiled at him before looking back at me.

"Who did you kiss?!" She gawked.

"It's a secret, little sister." I whispered, grabbing my plate and walking past Stefan to put it in the sink.

I then copied Stefan's position, slightly leaning over the island with his elbows holding up his body. "You know, Elena, I think I may like Stefan now that I've got to know him."

//

AN ; sorry for such a long wait for this chapter, I've had some serious writers block and I'm not even sure I like this chapter that much. I hope you guys enjoyed it at least! Please vote & comment!
Xxx ashelina