10: Returning The Favor

[ tbh, my original version of Another Gilbert that I wrote when I was like 12, ended at 10 chapters, and I intended on ending this at 10 when I first wrote chapter 1, but I've decided to extend it because you guys like it so much. Enjoy this chapter! ]

ten

"Hey, we've got school in an half hour. We have to get ready." Stefan shook me slightly, waking me from my light sleep.

"I'm not going." I rolled over to face him. "I'm not in the mood to lie today."

"Lie?"

"About my neck, where I was last night, and Elena somehow always knows when I've had sex." I laughed, "I think I'm just going to go home, sleep all day."

"I could skip school today, you and I could have a lazy day. Movies, ice cream, popcorn, root beer floats. Have one of our Sunday's on a Friday." He smiled, moving a stray piece of hair from my forehead and tucked it behind me ear.

"That sounds great, but you already missed three and a half days of school this week. You should go today." I smiled, "we can hangout later tonight maybe? After you and Elena do something."

Stefan sighed, probably thinking of Elena for the first time today. "Right. If you want, you can hangout here. Have your own lazy Sunday, just stay out of the basement."

"Okay." I smiled, watching Stefan climb out of bed and get dressed. After he jelled his hair, brushed his teeth and grabbed his bag, he walked back into his room.

"Alright, I'm going now. Be here when I get back, yeah?" He smiled, leaning over me and kissing me lightly.

"Okay." I repeated, "hurry up, you only have a few minutes till first period starts. I'll see you later."

"Love you." He smiled again, walking towards the bedroom door.

"You too." I smiled back as he left the room, leaving the house silent again.

I just laid in his bed for the first few minutes, before thinking. I grabbed my phone off the side table and called Stefan. "Yes?" He sang.

"What if Zach comes home? It'd be pretty awkward for him to find your girlfriends sister in your bed." I whispered, awkwardly.

"Today's Friday..." He said, pausing. "He went on a trip. He won't be home until tomorrow morning."

"Okay, good." I sighed, relieved. "Well, get to class. Bye."

"Bye." The phone went dead.

The only clothes I had here were what I showed up in yesterday, and for the most part, those were covered in blood. I walked over to Stefan's dresser and slid into one of his light grey t-shirts.

I walked around the boarding house for an hour or so, just exploring, opening every door to see what was in each room. I found the liquor cabinet in the kitchen, which consisted of many older bottles of booze, but it was mainly Bourbon. "They won't miss one, right?" I asked myself, pulling out the youngest bottle.

I grabbed one glass from the table to the left of the cabinet, then paused for a minute, grabbing a second one. I took a deep breath before making my way into the basement.

I sat one of the glasses on the window of the cellar, filling it with bourbon a quarter of the way, then pouring myself one. After setting the bottle on the ground, I got on my tippy toes to look through the window, "are you awake?"

He sighed, standing and grabbing the glass from the window. "Does Stefan know you're down here?"

"He's at school." I stated, "are you okay now?"

"My neck is a little sore, but I feel better than I did two days ago." He finished the bourbon, setting the glass on the window. "So, Stefan told you everything?"

"Just that you two are vampires, that you promised an eternity of misery." I shrugged, grabbing the bottle off the ground and refilling his glass. "he didn't really go into detail or anything."

"Tell me what you want to know." He stated, taking a swig from his glass. "I suppose I owe you that, biting into your neck and all."

"What really happened between you two and Katherine? I know you both dated her, and she turned you but that's it." I finished my glass, setting it on the ground next to the bottle. My feet were already starting to cramp up from standing on my tippy toes for so long.

"You could say that she's the reason we're so distant from each other." He shrugged, "she said she- are you okay?"

I was sitting on the ground, leaning against the cellar door, rubbing my feet. "Yeah, my feet just hurt.. Keep going."

"I can't really say anymore than she acted like she loved us both, but only really loved Stefan." I heard him sit as well, leaning against the door as well, "but I'll let you in on a little secret. She's not really dead."

"What?!" I stood back up, Damon following suit. My feet still hurt, but I felt like this conversation had to be face-to-face. "I thought she burnt in the church?"

"She was supposed to, but I made a deal with a witch, she saved Katherine. I know how to bring her back, I just need something that Caroline stole from me." He said, watching my face. "Are you sure your okay?"

"Yeah, I'm not tall enough to look through this window." I groaned, looking at my feet. "You don't have your ring right?"

"Nope, Stefan stole it." He held up his hands, "why?"

"That means you can't go outside right? Since the Suns up?" Damon nodded, as I unlatched the cellar door.

"No!" Zach came running down into the basement, holding the door shut. "Get out of here! Run!"

Damon and Zach were nothing fighting to get the door open/keep it closed. "No, he won't hurt me! He can't, I have vervain in my system!"

Zach continued to hold the door, "you know?"

"Yes, I know! I'm not stupid, I unlocked it for a reason. Let him out." I grabbed Zach's arm,  trying to get him to stop blocking the door.

"No, he's a monster! If you know about vampires, you know he has killed at least four people!" Zach yelled, not being able to hold the door anymore. Damon pushed it opened, then pushed Zach against the wall.

Damon snapped Zach's neck within seconds. "Oh, my god! Damon! What the hell?!" I hit him repetitively in the chest, "he was one of your only family members, why'd you kill him?!"

"He's tried to kill me, I was only returning the favor."

//

AN ; eh, I'm not 100% sure I like this chapter yet.. I hope you guys do; please vote and comment! Xxx ashelina