23: Miss Mystic

[ you all are seriously amazing! I never expected to get more than 500 reads, so the fact that I have 35k reads amazes me! I love you all so much! ]

twenty-three

"Sorry, for being so distant these last few weeks. Your mom asked me to stay away from you." I frowned, sitting next to Tyler during our free period.

"Yeah, it's alright. I talked to her, she is just nervous that we will start doing drugs again if we hangout." Tyler shrugged, "but I missed you. Hanging out with the football team is nowhere near as fun as hanging out with you."

"It's because nobody on the football team has boobs." I stated, a smirk replacing my frown, "and none of the pansy boys can keep down their booze."

"Not all people can handle alcohol like you, B." Tyler laughed, "anyways, my mom said she is fine with us hanging out as long as it's just the two of us, none of the other people we used to hangout with."

"Well that works out because everyone we used to hangout is dead." I huffed.

"Right." He laughed slightly again, not thinking that them being dead was funny. "Besides Vicki, she just left."

"Right, Vicki." I sighed, wanting to change the subject, "so, tomorrow is the banquet, and as much as I don't want to be in it, Jenna thinks I would regret not doing it. And I need a date."

"Blair Gilbert, wants me, Tyler Lockwood, to be her date. How could I ever be so lucky?" Tyler smirked, holding his hand to his chest. "I'd be honored."

"Thank you." I smiled, as the bell rang. "I have to go dress shopping with Jenna and Elena, I'll see you tomorrow."

-

"You two are going to look beautiful." Jenna smiled, finishing both Elena and my hair. Elena had her curled and I had mine straightened. Jenna checked the time on her phone, "we don't have much longer until it starts, I'm going to go wait downstairs with Alaric. Are you two going to be alright?"

Elena and I both nodded, Jenna smiled once more before leaving the dressing room. I was currently wearing a loose t-shirt and pajama shorts, waiting for it to be my turn to change into my dress.

"I'm going to go look for Amber. She was supposed to change twenty minutes ago. Do you need anything from downstairs?" I asked Elena, wrapping myself in a light robe.

"Yeah, a water please." Elena said quietly, turning to look at me as I reached the door. "What's been going on lately? You haven't been yourself, and I miss my sister. I miss how close we were."

I paused, not sure of what to say. I didn't really have a reason to be mad at Elena; she didn't know about Stefan and I. "I don't know." I lied, "I haven't been in the best mood, a lots happened since ive been home. I don't know why I thought everything would be the same when I got back. I thought that life would be the same as before I started doing drugs, without Mom and Dad around. Its not though. Tyler and I have only seen each other like three times since I got back, you and me are fighting more than we are talking, you're spending more time with Stefan than you are with me, mom and dad are gone. Jeremy was doing drugs. There are vampires and witches, and biological fathers, and the only thing that hasn't changed is Caroline is still a brat."

I went silent, realizing that I had said biological fathers. I hoped that Elena didn't hear it. I did say everything pretty fast, so there is a chance that she didn't. Her eyes were wide, so chances are she did. "Uh, but yeah. Hopefully soon I will be used to everything and I'll be happen old me again. I'm going go find Amber, ill bring back your water." I left the room before she could say anything.