27: Secrets

- I think for now I'm going to stop asking the questions at the end of chapters because I keep forgetting about them until last minute, so I either forget to write a question, or I write a horrible one ?? hope that's alright with all yall lol.

twenty-seven

Damon dropped Elena, Jeremy and I off at our house. Elena immediately took Jeremy to his room, as I laid on the couch. It only took Elena a few minutes to say goodnight to Jeremy before she came back down.

"So, I know you just had a horrible night, but I have a question." Elena spoke lightly, as she lifted my legs and sat down under them. I just nodded with my eyes closed,  waiting for the question. "What's going on with you and Stefan?"

My eyes opened wide, "Uh, what do you mean? Nothing."

"Its just when you first got back you avoided Stefan and I the whole night, the next day, you two were best friends, and now? You two can barely look at each other, and when Stefan does look at you, he looks sad. And your avoiding him again." Elena stated, "Tell me what's going on. I deserve to know what's happening between my sister and my boyfriend."

"I don't know, you know how I get. Push people away before they push you away." I shrugged, telling a bit of the truth.

"Yet, the farther you push Stefan, the closer you get with Damon.. That's know how you get." Elena sighed.

"Then, I don't know, Elena. Maybe its because it used to be me and you, then I left, and then it was me, you and Stefan, and maybe I miss it just being me and you." I lied, looking at my hands.

"And you're lying." Elena nodded, pushing my legs off of her as she stood. "Why cant you tell the truth for once, Blair?"

"I only keep secrets to protect other people; because I know that these two secrets that I'm keeping would kill you if you ever found out!" I sat up and yelled back at her.

"What secrets?" Elena glared, waiting for an answer. "What secrets, Blair?!"

"Well, for starters John's our father!" I tossed my hands in the air as I stood. "And I've known that for a few months now, but I knew that you didn't like him much, and he's not a horrible guy, and he doesn't deserve to be hated by both of us."

"What?" Elena whispered, covering her mouth. "How do you know?"

"He came to me in Chicago and told me. He was going to tell you too, but then mom and dad died, and I told him not to." I shrugged, "Every secret I keep, big or small, is to protect you, Elena."

"Now I know what it feels like." Elena huffed.

"What?"

"I kept secrets from Jeremy, and when he found everything out, he really disliked me. I kept telling him, and myself, it was best that he didn't know - it was safer. He was young, and needed to experience a normal life before we threw anymore drama at him." Elena shook her head, "But its not better. I don't care if you think its protecting me, its more than likely not. So, tell me everything."

"I promise Elena this secret will destroy you." I shook my head slightly, my eyes still wide.

"What's the worst that could happen? You tell me, and then I hate you? What, Blair? It's not like the second I know something, I'd die. So, tell me, or I'm never talking to you again." Elena crossed her arms, glaring at me.

"Really? You'd never talk to me again, for the small fact that I don't want you to hate me? Because I want you to be happy?" I laughed emotionlessly, my eyes slightly watery. "You know what, weather I tell you or not, you'd probably never talk to me again, so I might as well not tell you."

"Damn it, Blair! Just tell me! I want - I need to know!" Elena screamed, her eyes also watery.

"Why can't you just trust me for once? Trust that I know what I'm doing, trust that I have a good reason for not telling you? I don't want to lose you forever, Elena!"

"TELL ME!" She screamed louder than before.

"No." A couple tears fell down my cheeks, "What if I told you that if I told you this secret, you'd never speak to me, or Stefan again? Would you still want to know? Knowing that you'd probably lose us both?"

Tears ran down Elena's cheeks as well, as she whispered, "yes."

"Well, I'm not going to risk it. I'm going back to Damon's." I walked towards the front door, wiping my eyes.

"We're not done talking about this, Blair!" Elena yelled as I shut the door.

-

"Hey, T. What's up?" I sighed, answering my phone.

"I'm throwing a party tomorrow night, and since you ditched me at the Banquet, you need to come." Tyler stated, excitedly.

"I'm not really up for a party, Elena and I got in a fight last night." I said, rolling onto my back.

"Were you two naked in this fight?" You could tell Tyler was smirking.

"No, it wasn't physical-"

"Then I don't want to hear about it." Tyler interrupted. "Plus, getting drunk helps to forget about stupid fights. Party's at seven, see you then. Alright, love you. Bye."

"Yeah, love you too." I laughed, the both of us hanging up.

"Did I hear we were invited to a party?" Damon walked out of the bathroom, wearing only a towel around his waist.

"I was."

"I want to go." Damon made an O shape with his mouth, shocked that I'd think otherwise.

"Don't you think your a little old to be going to high school parties? Like, 157 years too old?" I smiled at him, earning a glare in return.

"You just don't want me to go because your planning on making out with a random guy, and you don't want me to get jealous." Damon smirked as he laid on his bed beside me.

"You're right. I don't want to hurt your feelings. Hope you don't mind."

"It's too late, I'm already jealous. I may just have to crash this party, steal the booze, steal the girl." He shrugged, laying on his side, resting his head on his hand.

"Oh, yeah?" I smirked.

After giving me a quick peck, he smirked again, "Yeah."

//

an ; I KNOW I SAID THERE WOULD BE STLAIR DRAMA, BUT I DIDNT PLAN ON ELENA AND BLAIR'S FIGHT BEING 700 WORDS, SO IT MIGHT BE IN THE NEXT CHAPTER I DONT KNOW. Remember to vote and comment! xxx ashelinaaa.