4: Sister Wives

four

I pulled out Elena's pocket mirror that she had hidden in her dashboard console, quickly checking my makeup as we pulled into the parking lot. "You usually don't wear this much makeup." Elena stated, glancing at me as she removed the keys.

"I'm only wearing eyeliner and mascara." I glanced back at her before returning my view to the mirror.

"Exactly." Elena said in a 'duh' tone. "You almost never wear eyeliner unless it's for a party or date, yet you've worn it every day of school." She paused before smiling, "is this for the boy you kissed two weeks ago? Tell me who he is!"

I pushed the mirror back into the console, "I'll tell you." I smiled at her, watching her smile grow, "if," I pointed my finger at her, "you tell me why you really broke up with Matty."

She sighed, "I told you, I wasn't ready for a relationship. I was in a phase, I didn't want to be around anyone and that wasn't fair to Matt."

"Yet, you began dating Stefan only months after mom and dad died." I glared slightly, "you're obviously not in that phase anymore. If you had the chance, would you take Matty back?"

"I'm with Stefan now, Blair." Elena pressed her lips into a straight line. "And even if the two of us broke up, I don't know if I'd go back to Matt. He is too good for me. I'm not the same Elena that dated Matt, or the one you remember from before you left."

"He deserves someone better than me," she paused, "he deserves someone like... You."

I laughed slightly, "if he's too good for Goody-Two-shoes Elena, he's definitely too good for me, E."

"Okay, now that we ruined our happy mood," Elena said, climbing out of the car, me following. "Tell me who you kissed."

"Would you freak if I said it was Stefan?" I shut the passenger door at the same time Elena shut the driver door. I peaked my head around the car to see her face.

"You kissed - you kissed Stefan?! My boyfriend?! Your sister's boyfriend? How mess-" Elena began yelling, getting the attention of every person who was standing around the school.

"Chill, Elena, chill!" I put my hands up in defense, "I was only trying to make a joke, jeez. I didn't know you'd get so angry. I kissed Tyler!"

After Elena's breathing steadied, she shook her head. "You weren't funny when we were kids, and you aren't funny now."

"I think I'm funny." I smiled, wrapping my arm around her. "C'mon, sis, we've got to get to class."

"Why would you kiss Tyler?" She sighed, looking at me as we walked.

"Well, he is one of the only guys my sister hasn't dated."

"I've only dated Matt and Stefan!" Her mouth formed the shape of an O, shocked that I thought she'd dated more.

"I know, and they happen to be the only two in Mystic Falls that are attractive besides Tyler." I smiled at her, "I can't lie, Little Sister, you and I've got similar taste."

"Whatever." She laughed, guiding us towards the school, meeting Stefan near the front doors.

"Elena." Stefan smiled, kissing Elena on the cheek then looking at me. "Hi, B."

"Hi, Stef." I tilted my head and smiled, knowing he hated being called Stef.

"Stef? B?" Elena intertwined her free hand with Stefan's, a huge smile on her face, "you guys already are calling each other by nicknames. I love it. I told you that you two would get along!"