25: Saved By The Ex

- my updates may be kind of random for the next month. August is the one month out of the year that I happen to be busy basically every week, and I usually get like four days where I get to stay at home and watch tv, but I will try to update as much as I can! check out the an at the end. :)

twenty-five

"Is that what you wouldn't tell me?" Damon asked, the two of us laying side by side on his bed.

"What?" I yawned, looking at him instead of the ceiling.

"A couple weeks ago, your uncle John called, and you wouldn't tell me why you were ignoring him. Is the fact that he's your father the reason?" Damon turned onto his side as he rested his cheek on his palm.

"Yeah," I shrugged, "He came to visit me right after Stefan left in Chicago. He told me he was my father, and that he would be getting custody of me in two weeks. Two weeks later, my parents died, but he obviously didn't get custody. The state thought that Jenna was a better option."

"Oh," Damon only nodded. "Well, I'd say that's a reason to hate someone."

"Yep. I'm not certain he had anything to do with my parents deaths, but its weird how he said in two weeks, and two weeks from that day they died." I sighed, "I'm bored."

"We could make out again. That was fun." Damon smirked.

"Ha-ha, no. Not happening again." I faked a laugh.

"Come on, we both know you liked it." He continued to smirk. "You probably just don't remember how great I was. Should I refresh your memory?"

"I'm leaving." I smiled, throwing my legs over his stomach to get off on his side of the bed. Before my feet could touch the floor, Damon threw me back onto the bed and began hovering over me.

He lowered his head next to mine. "Bringing back any memories yet?" He whispered, his lip slightly brushing my ear.

"Hmm, yeah actually." Damon smirked as I spoke. "Stefan and I have been in this position a time or two. Wow, those nights were... Wow."

He still had a slight smirk on his face, although it wasn't as wide as before. "You're only not remembering because I'm not In the same position as last time." He moved his left knee between my thighs, and instead of having his hands on the bed holding him up beside my head, he moved them so he was pinning my wrists against the bed. "How about now?"

I pretended I was thinking hard before looking at him, "if were going off exactly how last time was I think next I," I paused, as I lifted my head towards him.

"What's going on in here?" Stefan asked from the door, Elena standing at his side.

"Saved by the ex." I muttered quietly, smirking under Damon.

"Oh, nothing." Damon shrugged, still in the same position. "Just trying to jog Blair's memory."

"And what has she forgotten?" Elena asked, sounding amused.

"How to defend herself if someone were to attack her. As you can tell, she's remembered just fine." Damon smirked again, "Do you two need something?"

"We just need to talk to Blair." Stefan stated.

"Is it important? I'm actually not sure I remember everything." I tilted my head slightly so I could see the two at the door better.

"It's about Isobel." Elena added.

"Oh, okay." I sighed, "I'll be down in a second."

Elena nodded, and starting walking away, but stopped once she realized Stefan stayed still. "I'll meet you downstairs in a second, I have to talk to Damon about something." Elena nodded again before leaving.

"He lied, he doesn't have to talk to me. He just doesn't want to leave the two of us alone." Damon somewhat whispered.

I shrugged, leaning in again, kissing Damon just once before pushing him off of me. I patted his chest as he laid beside me. "I remember all of it." I smirked, standing and walking towards Stefan.

"What are you doing with Damon, Blair?" Stefan asked quietly as we both began to walk down the stairs.

"You get my sister, I get your brother. It only seems fair, doesn't it?" I shrugged again with a smile, as I trotted down the steps.

"So, first things first, am I safe with you, Stefan?" I sat in the armchair across from Elena as Stefan sat next to her. "I mean, you were in a cellar last night."

"He's fine now, Blair." Elena stated, annoyed. "But about Isobel. Apparently, someone gave Damon a device, and Isobel wants it."

"Well, what's the device do?"

"We don't know." Stefan stated.

"Then we're not giving it to her. She's a stranger." I said, in a 'duh' tone. I couldn't be the only one who thought giving someone we didn't know, something we didn't know what did wouldn't end out well.

"We have to." Elena frowned, "Isobel kidnapped Jeremy. She is insisting that we meet with her tonight and give her the device, and she will give us back an unharmed Jeremy."

I took a deep breath, rethinking. "Is there any way to get Jeremy without giving it to her?"

"No. She said if we try anything, Jeremy would be dead." Elena stated, and I only nodded. "But there is another requirement to get Jeremy back."

"What is it?"

"Isobel wants to meet you." Elena sighed, "Or, she insists that she meets you."

"Lovely. I know I thought I wanted to meet her one day, but now that I know she's a bitch, I really don't want to." I huffed, which sounded more like a sad laugh. My eyes felt like they were going to get watery, but I was able to keep the tears contained. "What time are we meeting her?"

"Eleven." Elena frowned, "I'm really sorry, Blair. I just told you we were adopted yesterday. You probably haven't even had time to think about it all. I - I'm sorry."

"Its fine, really. I'd do anything to make sure I don't lose Jer, too." I smiled, sadly. "Well, I'm going now."

Elena, Stefan and I stood at the same time. Elena hugged me quickly, and I hugged back. Stefan rested his hand on my shoulder, as I let go of Elena. I just shook my head at him, my eyes snow watery, whispering, "Please, don't."

//

AN ; WHAT A CHAPTER THAT I DONT ENTIRELY HATE WHAT IS THIS?? ahaa, anyways, so I've been thinking, I've been asking you guys questions for a few chapters now, and I want you guys to know that if you guys have any questions about Another Gilbert, or about me, or anything, I want you guys to ask! You can always leave a comment, or message me, and I will reply to everything! Unless its like something that would spoil the story. I love answering questions, so please ask them!

question ; if I were to write a sequel to this, what do you think the title should be? (Ive been thinking about it for a while, and I honestly cant think of anything, besides maybe Another Life, because the sequel would be quite different than this story ha)