9: We're Not Human

nine

[ long ish AN at the end, please read it! It explains why Blair is the way the she is! ]

I don't know when, but at some point, Damon stood up, holding me up with him, and continued biting into my neck. I honestly didn't know what he was doing, besides biting my neck. I didn't know how this was helping him, but it seemed like it was.

"Blair!" I heard Stefan's voice echo loudly throughout the house, I think he was still upstairs though. Within seconds, he was in the cellar, throwing Damon across the small room.

"Don't you EVER touch her again. Do you hear me!? I will kill you if you even think about touching her!" Stefan screamed, pinning Damon against the wall. I moved my hand, to cover my neck, as I fell up against the wall behind me. I wasn't too focused on the brothers, I was trying to stop the bleeding, but after hearing a quick snap, I seen Damon drop to the ground.

Stefan frowned, walking up to me and picking me up. He carried me out of the cellar, making sure to lock the door, then making his way to the couch upstairs.

"Are you okay?" He asked quietly, sat next to me, his hand cupping my face. He kept looking away from me, but he'd always look back, frowning.

"I-" I paused, "I don't know. I don't know what happened."

"You shouldn't have been down there. I told you to leave.." Stefan shook his head, as if he felt guilty. "What were you thinking, Blair?"

"I thought I saw another person leaving me, and I had a chance to save him." I frowned weakly, my hand still covering the small holes in my neck, "Everyone leaves.. i don't want to loose anyone else, Stefan. I had to try to help him."

Stefan continued frowning, and shook his head again as he pulled me into a hug, "oh, Blair." He sighed, kissing the top of my head.

"Did I help him?" I whispered, my eyes watery. "did him, biting my neck, help him? Is he going to live?"

"Yeah," Stefan whispered into my hair, "he's going to be fine. He's not going to leave you."

I smiled weakly into Stefan's chest. We sat like this for a few minutes, just sitting, the only noise in the whole house was our breathing. "I'm going to get you something to drink, okay?" Stefan kissed my forehead quickly before getting up and going into the kitchen.

He came back with a clear glass with water inside, "it doesn't smell like water."

"There's an herb in it," he watched me take a sip, "it gives it a little extra flavor, I know you don't like flavorless water."

"Thank you." I pressed my lips into a straight line. I finished the glass, then set it on the coffee table in front of me, "do you have something I can bandage my neck with?"

"Yeah." He stood back up and walked into one of the many mystery rooms of this house. He came back out with a first aid kit, which looked like it hadn't been touched in years. "Here," he took a deep breath as I removed my hand. I flinched when he used the alcohol wipe to clean up all the blood. "Sorry."

It took a total of twenty-five minutes for him to actually get the bandage on. He kept looking away, taking a deep breath, then would work again. He couldn't look at my neck for more than two minutes without looking away, but he finally got the job done.

"All done." He tossed the kit onto the coffee table next to my empty glass. "How do you feel?"

"Confused," I laughed the slightest, "I don't understand. I done understand why Damon was locked in a cell. I don't understand why I felt the need to save someone I didn't think I liked. I don't understand why he bit me, how you threw him across the room as if he was a feather, or why you can't look at me for more than a few minutes right now.. I don't understand, I don't understand anything, Stefan."