Agent Mothman

"Agent Chupacabra speaking!" You cheerfully speak into your microphone.

Yeah, the name is stupid but it's really the only thing you could think of.

You stare into your computer monitor, focusing on the single silhouette on your screen. Oh, it's just Agent Mothman. Nothing too serious.

"Hey Agent Mothman! Whatcha need?" You chirp, pretty happy to hear from him. He switches off his shadow appearance to his live webcam, you doing the same.

His dark room along with the light from his monitor illuminated his pale skin. His unkempt black hair covering a portion of his large round glasses, glinting in the light. He looks cryptic from this angle and in this lighting, but you had to admit he was a little cute in normal circumstances. Cute for a human, anyway.

"Hey Chupacabra!" He replies, waving his hand enthusiastically. "You got the coordinates for your new mission yet?"

Coordinates? What coordinates? You rack your brain for any memory of whatever he was talking about.

Before you can say anything you get an anonymous message at the bottom of your screen that details your new mission. You quickly scan it over. Yikes, this is a big one.

"Huh." You mumble.

"What's up?"

You pinch where the bridge of your nose would be, if you had a real one. You sigh heavily and paraphrase what you were just sent.

"I just got a new mission, it's.... it's something." you deadpan.

Mothman doesn't say anything, prompting you to continue.

"Looks like I have to transfer to a school at the coordinates I was just sent... I have to move again, ugh..." you groan.

You hate having to move houses so much, you will never understand how humans do this so easily. Moving meant you had to pack up all your technology and that was a bitch and a half.

"Just looking at the picture of the school makes me want to spew! It's so horribly filthy and disgusting!" you angrily rake your hands through your wig, careful enough not to offset it.

"Yikes... what's it for?"

"I can't tell you that."

Agent Mothman grimaces, "Oh... that means you won't have internet for a while huh?"

"Yeah, unfortunately"

"Oh, well..." his voice falters, but he quickly regains composure "you gotta update me on what you find!"

You chuckle, "I'll definitely send you some pictures of any aliens that I see," you're obviously joking, being an alien yourself, but you see his face light up.

"Oh! Speaking of aliens, I have one at my school!!" He almost squeals. You cringe.

"Oh my god! Really?" You fake excitement. He beams at you.

"Yes!!" He cheered, bouncing in his chair, "I have some pictures to send you!" He immediately begins pounding on his keyboard keys.

You become tense. If there is an actual alien at his school then you could be in trouble. But that would never happen! Your disguise is obviously perfect.

Being brought out of your thoughts, the pictures appear in a message on your monitor.

The pictures were extremely blurry and in black and white. You sighed in relief at the sight.

"I hate doubting you, but I can't see any aliens in this photo. It's a blurry mess." you squint hard at the screen. Agent Mothman's expression falters but he shakes it off.

"I swear he's an alien! I'll just have to get clearer pictures." He has a determined expression on his face, an expression you began to love.

Even when it was about exposing aliens and vivisecting them.

Hearing his sister screaming at him, he quickly says his goodbyes and logs off, eagerly awaiting when you'll have internet connection again.

You sigh and stretch, hearing a nice pop in your back. You press a button on your PAK and your disguise fizzles out, your (s/c) skin returning to a green palette, and your eyes becoming bug-like ones. You stand up from your desk and walk to the middle of your room.

"Computer!" you say, just staring at the ceiling.

"Yes, sir?" it responds in the monotone mechanical voice.

"Can you just, like, pack up yourself into a neat little box? We have to leave now."

"Right away, Master."

"Oh my god," you whisper, slapping your gloved hand onto your forehead, "Computer, PLEASE don't call me 'Master'. It's weird"

"Yes sir"

You start gathering your human clothes and accessories along with your laptop. After packing seemingly everything, you gaze around the room. Swiping the box off the floor and putting it in your bag. You head into the garage to your Voot Cruiser.

Climbing in your spaceship, you input the coordinates into the navigation system. The location you are to travel to is called 'The City'

"Uh, okay. Humans are so nondescript" you think as you set the controls to auto pilot. You should be there at about 3am in Earth time, while school didn't open until 7:30am. That's definitely enough time to set everything up. Reclining your pilot seat, you put your arms behind your head. Might as well recharge your PAK on the journey.

"Computer, you good?" you say with a yawn.

"Yes, the trip should take about 4 Earth hours. No worries."

"Alright cool," you close your eyes, quickly going into rest mode.

"Goodnight, Computer" you murmur.

"Goodnight, sir."