The Plan

You two make your way to the Membrane house, lightly chatting along the way. Zim makes you knock on the door, and it opens to who you presume is Dib and Gaz's dad.

He lets you in and makes tea for the two of you. Zim talks to him about his work, apparently the guy is a really famous scientist. He talks about wanting Dib to be a scientist as well, but he got into the ghost hunting thing.

Professor Membrane sighs, "But, that's just the way everything worked out."

"Yeah, I know what you mean." Zim replies. He's actually... good at human conversation. You hear footsteps from the other room. Dib walks into the kitchen.

"Dad. Why is Zim here?" he asks.

"Good afternoon son. Your little friends are here!" Membrane says, completely ignoring the question.

"Zim isn't my friend! He's an alien, you know?!"

Membrane shakes his head, "of course he is, son. You three have fun." He leaves, presumably heading to the lab. Dib looks at Zim for an explanation.

"It seems we have a common enemy! Tak is an Irken and she wants to take my mission! Oh, and destroy your planet as well." Zim says, standing up from the chair. Dib doesn't buy it.

"Come on, Zim. I like Tak, and she hates you! You're just jealous."

"Dib," you call, standing as well. "He's not lying. I was there. She's an Irken."

"(Y/N), you too?!" Dib exclaims, exasperated.

"ANYWAY," Zim shouts over him, "I have reason to believe she's behind the giant weenie stand."

Suddenly Gaz comes into the kitchen, a soda in hand, "You guys are so ann— oh hey (Y/N). What's up?"

"Gaz!" Zim yells, "You must help! Tak—"

"I didn't ask you." She opens her soda and sprays Zim with it. He screams and falls to the floor.

"Thanks Gaz!" Dib pipes up, "He—"

Gaz sprays him as well, "I didn't ask you either." Finally, she turns to you expectantly.

"Tak's trying to take over the earth and we need help stopping her." You explain as briefly as possible. She thinks for a second.

"Yeah, sure. I'll help."

~~~

You and Gaz make your way to the weenie stand in silence— a comfortable silence. You find yourself at the weenie clerk not long after.

"What are you planning to do?" you ask her.

She shrugs, "Just gonna see if I can get Dib beaten up by security." You nod and concentrate on the building; you can see Dib climbing up the side. You zone back in to hear the tail end of the conversation.

"There's a secret entrance around the back that delivers all those weird machines." the weenie clerk points behind him. Gaz nods and takes you by the hand to lead you to the back.

With Dib...

"Oh man... what is this place?" He asks no one in particular.

"It's just a hot dog stand." You say, hands in your pockets.

You explain the secret entrance at his bewilderment. Gaz walks away and Dib, shaking his head, brings out a camera. You hear a feminine laugh from above.

"No pictures, please!" she announces on a high platform.

"Tak! Uh, look—"

"No need to try to explain yourself, Dib! Soon you won't be able to remember anything!" Her eyes flash a bright purple; she's erasing his memory!