Love?

Almost immediately as you two exit the bathroom, Zim is hit with another meat slab covered in barbecue sauce; and— lucky you— you're splattered as well due to him carrying you. He swiftly drops you to the ground.

"GIR! COME GET ME!" He screams into his wrist.

Soon enough, said GIR comes crashing through the window. Zim whips around and grabs the back of your shirt roughly; he drags you along with him over to the window and puts you in a piggyback as he hops on the little robot. You two zoom off back to his base, not caring whoever sees the flight.

...

"Zim, what was that?" You say close to his face, clinging onto him tightly.

"I've got work to do now!" he yells over the air, "I have to contact my leADERS GIR STOP—" he quickly swings around and hovers himself over you, and you wrap your arms around him even tighter for some reason. You both squeeze your eyes shut.

Suddenly, GIR stops dead in his tracks; you pry your good eye open to see that you're now at Zim's front door.

"HONEY, WE'RE HOOOOME!" The robot screeches, causing your alien pal to open his eyes as well. Seeing the situation, he lets out a hum and untangles himself from you. He hops off GIR and goes to open the door, leaving you dumbfounded.

Was he... protecting you from the possible impact?

He couldn't have been.

You shake your head away from these weird, defective thoughts, and follow the two through the front door. Same disgustingly purple house.

"Computer!" Zim calls to his ceiling.

"Ugh, what do you want?" It answers. This computer sounds really tired of his master. Poor guy.

"Take me to the Transmission Chamber. I must contact the Almighty Tallests about my discoveries today!"

"Whatever."

A floor panel opens up to reveal a small elevator, presumably to the base. You begin to follow when he stops you in your tracks.

"Uh, no. Not you." He says flatly, "The Tallests don't need to know of your presence yet," he absentmindedly gives a small pat to the top of your head. He scurries over to the open floor panel and begins to descend.

Well. Now you have nothing to do.

~~~

You decide to take a look around Zim's house. When you get bored you try to talk to his computer, but it just seems really moody. You sit in silence for a second until you think of something.

"Hey, Computer," you start.

"Uh, what?"

"Can you show me what Zim's doing in the Transmission Chamber?"

A pause.

"Nah."

"Why?" You ask.

"I don't want to!" It whines like a small child. You surpress the urge to laugh.

"Oh, okay then."

The two of you sit in silence for a little bit longer.

"Actually, yeah, sure. Here you go." The computer brings up a live feed of Zim sitting in front of a huge screen that displays "Now Calling The Tallests!"

As they appear on screen, you can't help but salute them. Realizing what you just did, you quickly bring your arm back down to your side; you really hope no one saw...

Now that you look closely, those two red and purple figures aren't the Tallests. They're just poorly made puppets! Boy, do you feel like an idiot.

"My Tallest," Zim announces, "I apologize for the unexpected call, I mean no disrespect. A new—"

Snickering is heard on the other end of the call. You can clearly see Red and Purple hunched behind their sofa, controlling the marionettes. You snort.

"As I was saying," your friend companion continues, "a new child has attacked me with meat! My conclusion is... SHE'S IN LOVE WITH ME!!"

"What?" you say aloud to no one other than the computer.

The Tallest are trying to hide their giggling at Zim and his obliviousness, which works as he begins pacing around the chamber.

"She will be useful in my study of human AFFECTION!" he spits, balling his hands into fists. He then slowly unclenches them, and holds them behind his back. "...which, I've determined, is pain based."

"Pain based?" you ask yourself. That doesn't sound right. "Computer, is human affection built on harm?"

"Nope, not at all. It's basically just all mushy stuff like hugging and—" it dramatically gags, "kissing—" Hm, okay. You'll have to stop whatever he's planning quickly; he could get really hurt.

You... really don't want that for some reason.

Zim rises from beneath the floor, looking accomplished. You play dumb.

"What's up, Zim? Why'd you need to call the Tallest?" you bat your eyes innocently.

"Glad you asked!" He beams, "I've concluded that the new girl, Tak, has developed a human 'crush' on me. I'm just going to use her to further my studies of humans, no biggie."

"But she sounds like he hates you!" You exclaim, and he chuckles at your concern.

"My dear friend, don't you know human love is entirely based on making your partner hurt? That's truly the meaning of love, no?" He speaks to you, mostly taunting you on things you should know. You huff in annoyance.

"Zim, love isn't like that at all. Love is making your partner happy, not hurting them! This is really dangerous!" You try to calmly explain, but he only laughs.

"Oh? And has my human friend (Y/N) experienced this... love?" He emphasizes the word, knowing it makes you anxious. He laughs again at your expression; ruffling your hair once more. "I'll be fine! The almighty Zim is fully capable of taking care of himself!" He marches over to his sofa and plops down; he waves you over to follow.

"Aren't you gonna tell me your plan?" you sit beside him, fully focusing on his figure.

"Nope!"