Alien Tomfoolery

Zim has been staring at you ever since the incident at lunch. You put on your meanest glare and he quickly averts his eyes only to stare at you again.

The teacher kept droning on about how the world is doomed, doomed, doomed. Are all human schools this... boring? You fiddle with your pen, not paying attention in the slightest. You're way too tired to listen anyway. You begin dozing when suddenly Zim raises his hand.

"What, Zim?" Ms. Bitters growls, annoyed.

"Since you did not answer my question, I shall ask it again! In the event of a totally hypothetical alien invasion, how prepared do you think this planet's defenses will be?"

Is this guy for real? Is he TRYING to expose himself? While pondering the stupidity of Zim, your mind goes blank with fatigue. Before your head hits the desk Dib jostles you awake.

"Hey, the bell just rang. You ready to head home?" he asks gently. You look around; everyone is packing up their stuff.

You yawn and stretch, letting out a simple 'yes'. Slinging your bag over your shoulder, you head out of the classroom with him.

The walk home isn't very eventful. You show Dib your house and he wants to go inside. You quickly decline, you haven't been able to clean everything up yet. He walks you to your front door.

"Hey before you go," he starts, you inwardly cringe.

"What's up, dude?" You put on a fake smile.

"Do you wanna come over to my place? We can have a sleepover! I can show you all my Zim pictures and videos and—"

"Whoa, Dib." You place a finger on his lips, "maybe tomorrow ok? I have to unpack all my stuff right now." you say, pulling out your house keys.

"Oh yeah, I mean, I totally didn't expect you to come tonight! I mean, that's cool." He leans against your mailbox, shifting it a little. He notices and apologizes immediately, earning a chuckle from you. You say your goodbyes and you finally open the front door. Thank god today is over. But you still had work to do.

"Computer!" you shout, pressing the button on your PAK to disable your disguise.

"Yes sir?" your robotic companion blinks to life.

"Discreetly set cameras around the Membrane household. I must be sure that he is not planning to execute me, on the off chance my disguise is faulty." You pause, "which it isn't." You add.

"Yes sir!"

You head to your control panel and find that the cameras are already live. You can see Dib just now walking through the main door and throwing his stuff on the ground.

You watch him go about his routine for a few hours until he heads to his room. You switch off the feed because you're not a creep. Deciding to head to bed, you shuffle to the given room and initiate rest mode.

~~~~

An alarm rings but it is almost immediately shut off. Your rest mode ceased about an hour ago, and you're checking the cameras your computer set up last night. Nothing really interesting is happening so you close the laptop screen and choose an outfit for today. A (f/c) hoodie and black jeans should be good. You walk to school again, but go to Dib's house to walk with him and his sister.

"Oh hey (Y/N)!" Dib smiles brightly

"Hey, Dib!" You sling your arm around his shoulder. His breath hitches, which confuses you but you don't ask. You both wait for Gaz and then trek to school.

You sit down at your desk as Zim enters the classroom. You scowl at him but he pays no mind. He doesn't seem to be interested in you today. Thank god.