Secrets

The walk to Zim's home is a quiet one, the two of you just taking in the snow softly falling from the clouds. It's really pretty; there was never any snow on Irk. Zim opens his front door and stomps all the snow off his boots, you doing the same and stepping in. GIR zooms to greet you, clinging to your leg.

"Welcome home, Master and Master's boyfriend!!" He giggles excitedly, and you nearly drop the incubator.

"GIR! WHAT did I TELL YOU?" Zim reprimands, scolding him like a child.

GIR hides behind you like a scared puppy, "Not to call your boyfriend your boyfriend..." he whimpers, trembling very slightly.

You place the incubator down and pick up the small robot, cradling him like a cat. "Oh, be nice, Zim. He's just confused, is all." You laugh, the same blush tinting your cheeks that Zim has. "I'm not his boyfriend, though. Just a friend who's a boy." You tell GIR, your voice soft and gentle.

He smiles, wiggling a little in your grip. "YOU TALK NICE AND PRETTY!!" He sticks his tongue out and hops down, zooming over to the couch and plopping down on it. Zim pinches the space between his eyes and picks up the incubator, setting it up and placing the chicken egg in the warmth. He stares at it expectantly.

"When's it gonna do something?" He asks, tapping the glass with a claw.

You shrug, "Dunno. I think it takes about a month for it to hatch." You walk over to the couch and sit down beside GIR, who eagerly climbs into your lap and curls up.

Zim shakes his head disapprovingly, "Such a long time for such a worthless creature." He huffs, taking a seat next to you and crossing his legs. He settles in, watching whatever colorful show GIR had on the television prior to your arrival. Silence follows, but you get to thinking about conversation topics.

"So, uh," you blurt out, and Zim turns his head. "Eggs, right? Do, um, do Irkens lay those?" You ask, cringing at yourself. Why'd it have to be eggs? What the hell is wrong with you?

Zim shrugs. "Don't know. Last time I was on Irk, smeets came out of tubes. We don't really talk about that sort of thing."

You nod; you don't really remember anything about your birth, only that you were suddenly conscious and constantly bullied for being defective. You must've been in thought for a while, because he taps you on the shoulder.

"Why do you ask? You want me to lay eggs in you or something?" He tilts his head, genuinely curious.

You choke on your own spit, your face flushing a deep red, "What the fuck— no! What?!" You cough, trying to keep yourself steady so as to not bother GIR, "why would I ever want you to do that??"

He shrugs again, "I've met a lot of freaks during my time here, maybe you were one of them." He reaches over and pets the robot in your lap. "I wouldn't be surprised, you are still wearing my jacket, after all." He ruffles your hair with a smirk.

You shoot a weak glare at him, "M-me wearing your jacket has nothing to do with it!" You settle back into the couch cushions, averting your eyes shyly. "And if I wanted you to lay eggs in me, which I DON'T, you couldn't, anyway. You'd be deleted for that."

Zim doesn't reply right away, but his shoulders tense. "How did you know that?"

Oh fuck.

You sweat a little, but clear your throat. "I figured that a glorious race such as the Irkens would have figured out a better way to reproduce, is all." You smile nervously, his eyes not leaving you for a second.

"You're lying."

"Huh?"

"You're lying." He narrows his eyes suspiciously, turning his body to face you. He jabs a claw into your chest, "You're just being 'chummy' to me to get all my secrets, eh?"