Dib goes crazy and stuff

The next day you tell Dib all about your little excursion with Zim. It does not go well at all.

"Why did you go on a date with him?" Dib asks, scornful.

"It wasn't a date," you laugh at his attitude, "we just went shopping. Are you jealous?" You go to ruffle his hair but he bats your hand away.

"(Y/N), you're getting into dangerous territory," he warns, "Zim doesn't want to actually be your friend. He wants to use you for whatever alien stuff he does."

"Dib, when you were listening to me and Gaz talk, did you even hear anything?" you ask.

"Yeah, like how you were gonna take off all your cloth—" you slap a hand over his mouth.

"Dib, no, oh my god." You remove your hand, "she was baiting you. She knew you were out there, stupid. I'm not actually an alien." His tone changes almost immediately.

He snaps his fingers, "I knew you were being brainwashed! Luckily I might have a way to fix you. Let's go down to my dads lab!"

"Actually I think I'm okay." You laugh, but he just stares at you suspiciously.

"(Y/N) trust me, you're gonna want to come with me. Just in case." He smiles almost wickedly. You just stare.

"Dib, you don't actually believe me when I said I wasn't an alien do you?" You put a hand on his shoulder and look directly into his eyes. He cracks pretty quickly.

"It's not that I don't believe you, it's— well— I-I just wanna be sure!" He fumbles with his hands. You resist the urge to slap him.

"Dib, are you fucking serious?!" You scream, "You want to take me to your dad's lab to fucking dissect me?!"

"Oh, please!" He says, "I'd keep you alive! You're still my friend—"

You slap him in the face.

He rubs his cheek where you hit him. Upset and frustrated, you snatch your stuff and head for the door. Dib tries to stop you but you're having none of it.

"(Y/N), hold on—"

"Don't text me, don't talk to me, don't even look at me. I never want to speak to you again. Fuck you, Dib." You slam the door when he tries to insult you. You huff and make you way out of the house, only stopping to explain to Professor Membrane what Dib said. Hopefully that gets him grounded or whatever.

Dib's busy throwing he belongings around in fury when he gets screamed at. He's not too fond of you anymore, at least that's what he wants to feel.

(Just a short little intermission chapter!)