Diagnosis

"Human! My clothes are fin—" Zim yells before he sees you sleeping. He huffs, "Hm, he fell asleep. Humans do need sleep mode."

He paces around and taps a finger to his chin, "Very well, I shall make his sleep experience the best he's ever had!"

Zim finds the second softest blanket he has and tucks you in. He takes a second to look.

The sight of you in his blanket makes him... feel things. He carefully steps closer to your sleeping form. Hesitantly, he leans close to your face; his breath causes you to stir. He quickly reels back as to not wake you. Putting a hand to his neck in relief, he finds that his temperature is high along with his pulse.

"Am I sick?" He questions himself. He looks around, "Computer!"

"Ugh, what?"

"Run a full body scan for illness," he demands.

"Whatever. Scanning..."

The scan completes with no sign of disease. He stomps his foot.

"Computer, it says I have no illness. Your scanning doesn't work!"

"It says that because you aren't sick, Master," the computer mocks him. Zim doesn't seem to notice.

"Then what's wrong with me?"

"You're in love" it announces cockily.

"Eh?"

"I said you're in love! God!" it says, clearly annoyed. Zim doesn't respond.

"It means you want to be with (Y/N). Can I deactivate now?"

He's utterly stunned, "...yes."

The computer happily deactivates and leaves Zim in his stupor. He takes a look at you and shakes his head. Computer must be wrong. Only defective Irkens feel luv, or whatever it's called.

"Zim is not defective!" He yells, accidentally waking you up in the process.

You blink your eyes rapidly and try to adjust your vision. Zim's standing there in his new outfit.

"Aw, Zim," you sit up, GIR still in your arms, "you look so cute."

"Wuh?" He blurts out, then turns his head, "Uh, thanks." Stupid (Y/N), making him feel weird in his squeedilyspooch.

You stare at each other for a moment.

"I should probably leave," you admit.

"Uh, yeah. I have things to do... and stuff."

You nod and place GIR on the sofa. You gather your things and head for the door.

"Uh, wait!" Zim calls to you, and you stop in your tracks.

"Hm?"

"I, uh, well—" he stutters, it's pretty cute. "Thanks... for today, I mean. I had fun"

"Aw, Zimmy!" You exclaim, "I had fun too. I like hanging out with you." There's that feeling again, butter things in his squeedilyspooch. "I'll see you later, yeah?"

"Uh, yeah. Definitely," he smiles. God, his smile is cute. You wave goodbye and head home.

Zim paces in the living room, wracking his brain for a solution to these odd sensations. Maybe if he becomes hostile these feelings will go away?

Yeah, he'll try that.