Designated Zim Time

Zim opens his front door; immediately two figures rush to you, providing somewhat of a barricade to the inside.

You scream.

"Welcome home, son!" They both say in unison.

At some point you had hid behind Zim from the figures, and you're unconsciously gripping his shoulders. He groans, annoyed.

"Calm down, worm child," he rolls his eyes and pushes past them "they're just my robo-parents."

Narrowing your eyes at the robots, you timidly slip past them into the front door. Zim presses a button and the two retract back into the walls. A sigh of relief escapes your mouth and you begin to survey your surroundings.

There's quite a lot of purple here, so much that it would make Almighty Tallest Purple proud. It's... interesting, to put it nicely.

On the violet couch sits a small green dog watching a children's cartoon and eating snacks.

Dogs aren't usually green, right?

Sensing you two, it rips its eyes away from the screen to greet his owner.

"Master!" it cheers, bounding off the sofa and across the room. It hugs Zim's leg. "You're home! How was your daaaay?"

Should dogs talk? Are they supposed to be bipedal?

Zim just shakes him off, "not now, GIR! Me and the human have work to do" he turns to you "this is GIR, my... dog. He's— GIR PUT YOUR DISGUISE BACK ON!"

The robot had ripped its dog suit off to reveal its true form. Yeah, it's definitely a SIR unit. How did you not get a SIR but he did?

"GIR...?" you question, "what does the G stand for?"

"I don't know" fair enough.

GIR finally takes notice of you and zooms to your side.

"Ooh! A human! Hiiii!!" He frantically waves his little hand. You wave back, slightly nervous. He holds his hands up; he must want to be held. You open your hands and he jumps into your arms like a cat.

"Do you want some waffles?!" He shrieks. You resist the urge to cover your hidden antenna.

"Uh, no thanks. I'm good" WRONG ANSWER.

The robot starts to scream and cry, throwing a tantrum very close to your face. You wince at the noise and try not to chuck the little guy away.

"Okay, okay! Fine! I guess I can have a waffle or whatever it's called!" You yell over the screeching.

GIR's grief dissipates in an instant, his happy demeanor returning. Zim sees this and groans in annoyance.

"Don't encourage him," he sounds exhausted. You feel the slightest pity for him, but you're still bitter about not getting a SIR.

You set GIR down and he runs back to the sofa to continue his tv show. You follow Zim to what you assume a kitchen is, but there's a toilet in the middle of the room. He pulls out a chair at the kitchen table and sits down, prompting you to sit down as well. You do, and he clears his throat.

"So, human, how do you like Zim's abode? It is above your expectations, yes?" He links his hands together and rests them on the table.

"It's..." Ugly. Horrible. Atrocious. "unique!" you struggle to get words out. He's happy with your response though.

"I know, right? Much better than the Dib-smelly's house, I presume?" He's stroking his ego with this one; you inwardly cringe at his attitude.

"I haven't been over there, so I wouldn't know."