003

YOU KNOW HOW in anime episodes and movies when a villain attacks a place, the main character spends about nine minutes simply thinking to themselves and the villain spends those same nine minutes asserting dominance over the terrified crowd?

Kamiko learned two things quickly. One; all that can all be done in nine seconds and two; the villain won't wait for you to let it sink in or give you time to make a plan.

Without warning, the villain's tentacles shot in different directions, scooping up screaming students and teachers in their tight grasp. Kamiko's eyes widened as she saw one coming straight at them.

"Watch out!" she screamed, grabbing the students, who were frozen in fear, closest to her and kicking herself backward.

She sucked in her breath as they narrowly missed the tentacle from grabbing them. They tumbled to the ground and stopped by hitting a wall.

"Ow, ow, ow," Kamiko got up, rubbing her sore shoulder.

"Are you guys okay?" Ms. Sato asked, her arms spread out, shielding many students behind her. "Come here."

Kamiko and the two students stumbled behind her, hiding in fear. "I think we're fine," Kamiko managed to stutter out. What she could not understand was why Ms. Sato was trying to protect them if there was no way to do so? And how could she be so calm?

The situation was so confusing; she didn't know why this villain was attacking but he wasn't giving them a chance to think either. He just roars so he doesn't seem to be much of a talker or that stereotypical villain that talked their ego to the ground.

Finally, the villain talked. "I'LL GRANT YOU ALL A PAINFUL DEATH!" he roared as he raced towards them, his arm wound back for another punch.

"Dang, does our uselessness bother people that much?" Kamiko asked and she got glares and weird stares in return. "I'm actually being serious, I'm not joking."

"What do we do?" one of the students asked, his knees knocking in on each other.

"Nothing," Ms. Sato said. "The only thing you do is stay behind me until I physically can't protect you anymore."

Kamiko felt a chill run down her spine. "But we have to do something!" she said, hearing the people caught screaming. "If we don't then-"

"I can't do anything about them," Ms. Sato said. "But you all stay behind me."

She seemed to be stressing it to Kamiko. Kamiko ignored her. "If we don't do something they're going to die from asphyxiation or crushed organs or something. We have to-"

"We can't do anything!" Ms. Sato snapped, her eyes flashing in anger.

Kamiko was stunned into silence. She gulped despite her mouth being dry and felt her face burn. She stared at her shoes, hiding behind the teacher. Screams, shouts, and cries invaded her ears. 

But...but they'll die. If no one does anything... 

It didn't feel right to not do anything, but Ms. Sato had already told them that they couldn't do anything. Kamiko felt helpless, despite her being fortunate enough to be currently out of danger. The ones in the tentacles' grasps were helpless and Kamiko saw the sheer fear and panic in their eyes as she stared at them in horror.

Someone... she thought. Do something!

*FLASHBACK*

Smoke surrounded a large business building in Hosu City, Tokyo. Everyone stared at the building in horror, especially those that were covered in soot from working there.