021

"WHAT ARE YOU two doing here?"

Kamiko crossed her arms, looking from Riya to Kyung-Mi with a frosty gaze.

"I thought I told you two not to come back here," she continued, signing the equivalent.

She saw Riya and Kyung-Mi exchange a look before going down in a deep bow.

Kamiko's eyes widened in confusion and she frowned. "What are you two-"

"We sincerely apologize!" Riya said. "Instead of being two friends happy that their other friend was finally getting back on her feet, we tried to push her back off them. But if you accept us as your friends again, we swear we'll do everything to help you reach your goal!"

Kamiko felt very uncomfortable seeing her friends like that. Her hands moved around and her lips tried to form words as she tried to stop the situation.

It didn't feel right seeing them like that.

"Stop," Kamiko said. "S-Stop bowing."

Riya looked up with a confused look on her face, nudging Kyung-Mi who also looked up.

"B-But-"

Kamiko shook her head fiercely. "No. Stop. You don't need to apologize."

She stepped up and put her hands on their shoulders.

"You guys shouldn't be apologizing. I should be. You guys care about me so much, you don't want to see me fight villains anymore, right? Especially after-"

She blinked several times and gulped, gripping onto their shoulders a bit more tightly.

Kyung-Mi immediately shook her head and waved her hand in front of Kamiko's face. Riya lightly tapped Kamiko's face with her hands.

"Bad Kamiko! Get out of that bad place!" Riya yelled.

Kyung-Mi began to sign rapidly. "Kamiko-chan, get out of your head!"

Kamiko exhaled, smiling. "-that happened. Don't worry guys, I'm fine."

"Are you sure?" Riya asked.

"Actually, yes," Kamiko said with a nod. "Ever since the villain attacked that school I haven't been using pills to sleep anymore, so."

Riya grinned. "Wait, really?! I'm so glad!"

"How's quirk practice going?" Kyung-Mi asked.

"Terrible," Kamiko answered. "It took me five tries to summon thorns and not lightning for thuris-"

"Don't say it!" Riya yelled, clamping her hand over Kamiko's mouth.

Kamiko laughed, rubbing the back of her neck. "Right. I haven't used my quirk in so long I forgot that happens."

"You need to be more careful, stupid," Kyung-Mi said, rolling her eyes. "Even I could become a hero in my state compared to you."

"Anyway, by the time I did that my voice was almost gone," Kamiko continued, eyeing Kyung-Mi. "It's almost like I need more practice with my voice."

Riya looked up and made eye contact with Kamiko.

"Do you guys want to have a mini-karaoke session in my room?" Kamiko asked with a sheepish grin.

"We're your friends, again?" Riya asked.

A corner of Kamiko's lips tilted up a bit more. "I don't think you ever stopped being mine friends. We remain together forever, am I right?"

The three girls nodded and high-fived each other, walking back inside the Gushiken's home.

"Speaking of which," Riya said. "Kamiko-chan, I had no idea you could dance."