013ˢ⁻¹

KAMIKO WAS INSIDE the monitor room, with her other classmates plus Recovery Girl.

"It's nice to see you again, Gushiken," Recovery Girl had said, startling Kamiko.

"Recovery Girl!" Kamiko laughed nervously. "I hope I won't be needing of your services again..."

"You better not!"

"Yes, ma'am..."

"Villain team!" All Might's voice blasted into the Monitor Room, cutting off their conversation. "Go in first and set up! In five minutes, the hero team will break in, and the battle will start!"

Kamiko walked over to Tokoyami, Jiro, and Yaoyorozu. "I'm happy I don't have to go first."

"Same," Jiro said. "Too much pressure."

Tokoyami nodded. "The first ones are always judged the harshest."

"We have to pay attention, though," Yaoyorozu said and Kamiko nodded.

"How much time is the battle?" Kamiko asked, watching the screens as All Might talked to Bakugo and Iida.

"No idea."

"Fifteen minutes."

"Cool," Kamiko nodded. "...Have five minutes gone by, yet?"

Tokoyami deadpanned at her. "It's hasn't been thirty seconds..."

"Oh."

"Five minutes seems long now but..." Jiro sighed. "I bet it'll feel like five seconds when we actually fight."

Kamiko fell silent as she made her right hand into a fist. She looked at the ring on her index finger, glinting every time light hit it.

Could she do it? Could she really fight a true battle with a katana?

She lied to everyone. She had told them that her Quirk was Katana.

But that's just what it was; a lie.

In reality, she didn't even fight villains with Gliese. She had used another set of weapons; a hammer and nails.

That technique of using the hammer and nails was practically second nature to her. That's why she threw the nails at the villains with such accuracy. If she'd have a hammer she definitely would have been able to hurt their eyes.

It's also why she succeeded at playing her one-woman baseball game using a katana as a bat and rocks as the baseball.

But a katana? Sure, she used both hands and whatnot, but she couldn't really move as freely as she could with smaller weapons like the hammer.

"Gushiken...?"

"Gushiken!"

"Huh, what?" Kamiko blinked, yanked out of her thoughts.

"They're about to start," Yaoyorozu explained.

"Oh!" Kamiko shook the thoughts away and focused on the screen.

All Might is here, too, Kamiko realized, seeing the large man standing confidently in front of them. When did he get here?

"Now, let's start the indoor person-to-person combat training with Team A and Team D!" All Might said.

"Okay, everyone," All Might told them. "You all should think as well."

Kamiko nodded, making sure to pay attention to the battle. She had to learn from it so she wouldn't commit the same mistakes others could make.

Focus, Kamiko!

-----

She had watched Midoriya and Uraraka infiltrate the building successfully. She had watched them wander the halls carefully.