020ˢ⁻¹

"THOSE ARE VILLAINS."

Those words kept bouncing around Kamiko's mind. But another thing that was bouncing around in there was "the odds are not in your favor".

"The trespassing the other day was the work of these scumbags after all, huh?" Mr. Aizawa said.

The villains began to walk toward them. Kamiko felt frozen as Tokoyami, next to her, took a step back.

This...Kamiko's mouth felt dry as she tried to swallow. This is what Pro-Heroes have to face every day. This is what I want to do.

So why do I feel so scared?

Mr. Aizawa's hair began to stand up and his scarf did the same. But Kamiko didn't feel any better considering it was Mr. Aizawa against all those villains.

"Villains?"

"There's no way they could get into a hero school!"

Yaoyorozu walked up to Thirteen. "Teacher, what about the trespasser sensors?"

"We have them, of course, but..." Thirteen trailed off.

"Someone among them must have a Quirk to disable the sensors, right?" Kamiko finished for Thirteen.

Thirteen sighed. "Most likely."

"Did they only appear here, or around the whole school?" Todoroki questioned. "An isolated area separated from the main campus during a time when a class is supposed to be here. They might be fools, but they're not dumb."

Todoroki looked at the crowd of villains with his eyes slightly narrowed. "This surprise attack was carefully planned with some sort of goal in mind."

Kamiko's eyes narrowed. But what kind of goal?

Destroying the future generation of heroes doesn't seem likely. There'll always be more output in terms of heroes entering the scene.

Was it to make a statement? No...

If she was a villain, why would she appear here? There were only three heroes, and one of them was absent-

No.

No, no, no.

They couldn't be...! 

Kamiko's eyes widened when she realized that the most ridiculous theory also made the most sense. 

All Might!

"Thirteen, start the evacuation," Mr. Aizawa said. "Try calling the school. These villains even had something to counteract the sensors. It's possible someone with radio-wave-type powers is interfering."

"Kaminari," Mr. Aizawa turned to the boy. "You try contacting the school with your Quirk, too."

"What about you, sir?" Midoriya blurted out. "Will you fight by yourself? With that many, even if you can erase their Quirks..."

"Some hope he has in our teacher," Kamiko muttered under her breath.

"Eraser Head's fighting style is capturing after erasing the enemy's Quirk," Midoriya continued. "A frontal battle is..."

Kamiko caught Tokoyami glaring at her. "What? It's true! A hero can't be a hero with just one trick in the book!"

"You can't be a hero with just one trick," Mr. Aizawa told Midoriya.

Kamiko turned to look at Tokoyami like she had just proven a point. Tokoyami sighed and looked back at the approaching villains.

"I'm leaving it to you, Thirteen," Mr. Aizawa said.