010

"WE WANT TO recommend Kamiko for U.A.'s hero course," Principal Tanaka said, patting the folder full of papers with his hand.

"NANI?!" the Gushiken's cried out in confusion at the same moment.

Kamiko dropped her drink, spilling it on the table and on her skirt. Her hands had gone weak from that very statement. They shook as she hastily wiped her skirt, still staring at Principal Tanaka in shock.

They want...to recommend...ME?!

WHY?!

"Y-You want..." Daisuke Gushiken stammered, looking in all directions.

Hayami Gushiken frowned. "...t-to recommend..."

"ME?!" Kamiko finished for the both of them, pointing to herself.

All the administrators nodded, confused as to the reaction of the Gushiken's.

"We think Kamiko did a...great?-- no, impossible job," Ms. Sato said, smiling. "We think she has displayed hero qualities at a time of need and needs to make good use of them."

"B-B-But I...I don't even have a good q-quirk," Kamiko protested, her hands shaking as she tried to explain. "I-I wield a sword! A katana! A-Anyone can own a katana!"

"It's not the quirk that matters," one of the administrators said. "It's the person who wields the quirk."

Katana, Kamiko corrected the administrator in her mind.

"I don't get it," Kamiko's dad said. "Why...why would you think she'd want to become a hero?"

Principal Tanaka's face paled. "Oh, we did think about that. But we would like to present her this opportunity because she's excelled at heroics-related works."

"Pardon?" Kamiko's mom asked and Principal Tanaka nodded to Ms. Sato.

"There are many instances of this. The whole school took a written heroics test," Ms. Sato explained. "Kamiko got the top score. We talked about hero's and their fighting styles, Kamiko explained them all perfectly. Quirk strengths and weaknesses, Kamiko would give the best analysis."

Daisuke and Hayami looked at their daughter and back at the teacher. There was only one word in their minds: lies. Kamiko couldn't do such a thing; she had given up heroics a long time ago.

The administrators nodded eagerly at Ms. Sato's statement and Kamiko almost believed they were being genuine.

Almost.

Her eyes narrowed. "What's in that folder?"

"Ah, yes!" Principal Tanaka said, patting the folder. "These are recommendation letters."

"Recommendation letters?"

Principal Tanaka nodded. "Although most students get into U.A.'s heroics course through the entrance exam, some get in through official recommendations. Teachers and other officials will write letters to admit the student into U.A."

Ms. Sato looked at Kamiko. "All the teachers present at the cafeteria wrote you a letter of recommendation."

Kamiko's eyes widened. "All of them?"

So that means all the third-year teachers, administrators, and the principal wrote me a letter of recommendation?!

WHY THOUGH?!

Daisuke Gushiken smiled, "We thank you for the opportunity..."

All the school's teachers' eyes lit up with anticipation.