007

"ARE YOU STUPID?!"

Thwack! A hand came down and hit the top of a bluenette's head. Kamiko flinched and bit her lip, trembling under the presence of her mother.

"Ow," she muttered, lifting her left hand and rubbing the spot where her mom had hit.

Keiko would die to be here, Kamiko thought. Watching me get all smacked up and screamed at by my mom. Heck, she'd film it and take pictures to blackmail me.

Kamiko had gone to Recovery Girl and after the old woman had kissed her on the arm, the feeling had come back and she was able to move it. Still, she had felt even more exhausted than she was before and commented this to the Pro-Hero.

*FLASHBACK*

"Well my quirk can speed up your healing but that depends on your stamina," she had replied then proceeded to tell Kamiko she was very brave for keeping that villain at bay. "You have good stamina and energy."

Yeah, that's part of my quirk, Kamiko thought. Energy.

"I didn't fight the villain," Kamiko lied.

"That's not what your teacher said," Recovery Girl replied, applying bandaids to the small cuts on Kamiko's arms and legs. "She said you used your sword quirk to free the hostages."

Oh good, she didn't mention the lightning, Kamiko thought. Maybe she didn't see it.

In reality, no one knew why the villain freed the last hostages. They just heard electricity sounds and suddenly the villain freed the hostages. But no one saw the lightning bolt come out of Kamiko's arm.

"Ms. Sato's not my favorite teacher anymore," she muttered under her breath and Recovery Girl laughed. "I didn't even fight the villain, I kept it busy until Endeavor came and defeated it. Without fighting."

"That's what Pro-Heroes are trained to do. Still, it was brave what you did," Recovery Girl said, placing a bandage on Kamiko's cheek. "You could have just run away."

"And leave everyone to die?" Kamiko snorted. "I couldn't do that. Anyone would have done the same thing I did."

Recovery Girl froze and stared at Kamiko. "And yet they didn't."

Kamiko looked at Recovery Girl as if to say 'what?', 'pardon me?' , 'come again?'.

"And yet they didn't," Recovery Girl repeated. "If what you said was true, then it would have been a group of students or teachers fighting against the villain. Not just one person."

Kamiko stayed silent, not being able to retort that. "Maybe they were scared."

"Were you scared?"

"My teeth were chattering but it isn't cold at all today," Kamiko said in a polite tone and Recovery Girl nodded as if she had proved a point.

"Exactly. And yet you did something. Have you ever thought of becoming a hero?" Recovery Girl asked, applying salve to Kamiko's calves.

Kamiko nodded. "Think I could become one?" she asked, as a joke.

There was no way she could become a Pro-Hero. That's like wishing pigs would fly. Or that Kamiko would use her quirk- Oh wait, she had.

But still.

Recovery Girl applied the last bandage. 

"I think you could," she said, smiling warmly to the bluenette. "And if you do, I would look forward to seeing you at U.A."