011

THEY SHOULD HAVE begun tomorrow.

Or the next day. Or any other day than today. Any day but today.

"Blergh."

With the sound of gagging and a loud splash, Kamiko dumped all the contents in her stomach out on a patch of grass.

She didn't even have the strength to hunch over. Her dad was holding onto her shirt so she wouldn't fall over every time she threw up.

"You're like this after running a few kilometers?" he deadpanned, grabbing hold of Kamiko's arm as she continued to throw up.

"Are we finished?" Kamiko heaved.

"No, that was just the warm-up," Daisuke said, letting go of Kamiko. "We still have to work the upper body, the lower body, and the core. Gee, we've barely started. And you're so slow, gosh."

Kamiko fell to the ground. "I think I'll just stay here, thank you."

Daisuke sighed, smirking. "Are you too weak?"

"What?" Kamiko's head snapped towards her dad. "I fought a villain, like, yesterday. I've been through so much. And you're calling me weak?"

"Well, Ms. I-have-been-through-so-much," Daisuke mocked his daughter. "I didn't think a simple workout would take you out that quickly, considering you fought a villain yesterday."

He was hitting Kamiko's weakness: her pride. She always wants to better herself and she's the type to never give up until she's reached her goal, especially if others say she can't do it. In other words, she's a stubborn one.

It worked like a charm.

"Who says I can't do your simple workout?" Kamiko frowned, standing up and getting all up in her dad's face. "If it's so simple then give me your best shot!"

"Ugh," Daisuke backed up, waving a hand in front of his face. "You've got barf breath."

Kamiko rolled her eyes and raised an eyebrow. "You can handle a simple workout but you can' handle a bit of bad breath? I thought you were better than that, Dad."

"Just a simple workout, eh?" Daisuke asked, laughing as putting his hands on his hips. "Then let us continue."

Kamiko grinned at him with that classic smirk of hers.

"You're on!"

*TIMESKIP*

"Hurk!"

"I had no idea you couldn't do a pushup," Daisuke said over the splashing noises, holding his daughter by the collar of her shirt as they walked back home. "Or hold a proper plank for over a second."

"Shhhhh- hurgh," Kamiko tried to mumble but stomach contents just kept coming back up.

Her throat burned, her muscles ached, her breathing was heavy, and her vision was blurry. She physically could not stand up so her dad was literally carrying her with one arm back home. She felt like a puppy as her feet barely touched the sidewalk.

Simple workout? More like a death workout.

"No wonder you couldn't defeat that villain," Daisuke continued.

"I don't think I could've- blergh- even if I wanted to," Kamiko muttered, completely exhausted.

The two walked up to their home and Daisuke made Kamiko stand as he rung the doorbell. The girl could barely do so, swaying around and around.

Her mother opened the door with a smile. "Welcome home! Did you have fun-"

Kamiko shoved her mother aside, running into the house with her mouth covered. Not even bothering to take her shoes off, she sprinted to the bathroom and slammed the door shut. Not a second later, the sounds of the bluenette throwing up filled Hayami's ears.