025

KAMIKO SLOWLY OPENED her eyes, being hit with blinding lights and lots of blurry faces. A beeping sound filled her ears and she felt cold.

The hospital?

"What..." she coughed. "How-"

She froze, her eyes widening.

Everything around her focused and she saw several familiar faces; Recovery Girl, Ms. Sato, Principal Tanaka, Mr. Hano, and...her parents. They all looked at her wordlessly, and she just stared back.

"I was kind of hoping I dreamt that," Kamiko said.

"I'm afraid you didn't," Recovery Girl answered in a cheerful tone.

Suddenly, Kamiko patted her head with her hands.

My hair...!

Looking around, she saw her mother's purse and grabbed it, taking out a mini-mirror and inspecting her head. She breathed out a sigh of relief when she saw that her hair was blue. "Phew, I thought I was going to have white hair forever."

Just like those gray eyes- no, don't think about that. Yellow eyes...yellow eyes.

They still said nothing as she put the mirror back.

Kamiko sighed, placing a hand under her chin. "Fine. Go on. Yell at me."

"ARE YOU STUPID?!" her mother yelled first, grabbing Kamiko's bruised face and tugging on her cheeks. "It's a shame you've been losing weight because I can't pull on as much fat as I'd like to!"

Her father popped up from behind his wife, raising a finger. "But she's gaining muscle!"

Her mother turned to look at her father. "Daisuke."

"Right," he said, disappearing behind her again.

Kamiko's expression didn't change but she internally frowned. Why did her parents care so much all of a sudden?

They don't really care about us, Kamiko thought bitterly. If they did then so many things wouldn't have happened...especially "that".

"Hello, Mr. Hano," Kamiko greeted. "It's a shame we meet again under these circumstances."

Mr. Hano's eyebrows raised. "You fighting seems to say otherwise."

Kamiko smiled dryly as Mr. Hano laughed. "So, am I going to jail?"

"I have a Get Out of Jail Free card after playing Monopoly!" her father quietly yelled from the corner.

Her mother turned around once more. "Daisuke."

"Right, I am not here!"

Mr. Hano shook his head. "No, you're not going to jail. I just came to give you my thanks."

Kamiko raised an eyebrow, blinking twice. "Thanks? For what?"

"For defeating those villains," Mr. Hano said. "Thanks to you we were able to capture that group of villains. They were just a small rogue group of about seven villains, led by Tentacle."

Kamiko gave a small smile and two thumbs up.

Mr. Hano deadpanned. "...you're not shocked about this?"

"Sorry," Kamiko said, clearing her throat. She put her hands on her face and widened her eyes. "Oh my gosh?! I defeated three villains?! Incredibly stupid villains?!?! Without the help of the-"

She stopped. The heroes!

"OH MY GOSH, HOW IS THE METALIA TEAM?" she exclaimed, clutching the thin bedsheets in her fists.