Chapter 4: surprise!

Me, Stefan and Bonnie all waited for my mum to finish her shift. Bonnie magic-upped a meal, for when she got home. I needed to explain everything. Scott didn't know why I left, why should he, he was only 14 when I left. Even though me and Scott were really close back then, doesn't mean I shared all my secrets with him.

Melissa was really struggling back then, with the money. She was working all day everyday, 24/7. I tried to help but she told me to get on with school and 'my education'. I worked a few shifts at the animal clinic, with dr Deaton. But even that didn't help with much.

Me and Stefan are in the living room, and Bonnie went out to get some snacks.
"So, how do you think your family is gonna react?" Stef asked. That made me think... what were they gonna think? I mean I'm a fucking hybrid, even though me and Klaus are now friends, he used to scare me.
I shivered.
"Em, em? You ok?" Stefan asked again,"Em talk to me!" He cupped my face with his hands, and I snapped out of my thoughts.
"Sorry, I was just thinking" I smiled then looked at the floor.
"About what?"
"Life.." I sent me a look that said,'I'm not stupid Em, tell me'. I rolled my eyes.
"Fine, I'm just thinking of Damon," he furrowed his eyes,"no, no, no! Not, like that! I was just thinking that I'm gonna have to deal with him when we get back..."

I was still terrified of Damon, ever since he turned me. There's just been something about him. I don't know. Never mind.

"Hey, it's ok Em, I'll be there too." He smiled again, as he once again cupped and gently kissed me. I kissed back, but before things could escalate, we heard Melissa unlocking the door. We both quickly stood up and smiled.

✧☀︎✧☀︎✧☀︎✧☀︎✧☀︎✧

Melissa walked in, I think I made her jump. She had her hands placed on her chest and her breathing was messed up, oops.
"Surprise!?" I said, I was confused why my statement sounded like a question. I looked at Stefan for help, he just smirked and I elbowed him.

Before I could do anything else, Melissa pulled me in for a hug. It was like I never left, she would give me these hugs when she had a night/shift off. She was so warm, I let my body relax and absorb her body heat. I smiled as we pulled away.
"It's so good to see you again Emma." She said, also smiling." Maybe next time tell me when your coming over, so you don't give me a heart attack though."

We laughed it off,
"Emma," she said,
"Yeah...?" Oh god, I'm scared now...
"You haven't told me about your friend." She smiled then looked at Stefan. He smirked at me and sent me a sad look.
"Don't you dare start toying with my feelings ." I laughed at him.
"Oh yeah, Melissa. This is my boyfriend, Stefan." I smiled as Melissa and Stef shook hands.
"Well it's lovely to meet you," she smiled- god, I haven't seen her smile I'm so long. Not properly anyway
"You too Mrs McCall."
"Melissa is fine."

I told Melissa that Stefan is also staying over, and asked her if my best friend Bonnie could take the guest bedroom. Obviously she said yes...

★✰★✰★✰★✰★✰★

It was about 10pm, Melissa had a night shift so she left an hour ago. Scott never showed up. And Bonnie went to sleep a few minutes ago, leaving me and Stefan downstairs.
"I think we should go to bed." I told Stef, as I stood up and started to go upstairs.
"Yeah, I guess. I'll meet you upstairs, I've just gotta call Damon and make sure he hasn't gone on another killing spree."

I nodded and went upstairs. I got ready for bed and put my pjs on.
As I reached my old room (where me and Stefan are staying), something felt off...
Well that was until I felt a pair of strong arms around my torso. I let out a small scream, then shut my mouth as I didn't want to wake Bonnie up.
"Shhh, it's only me." Stef smirked, pushing me onto the bed and climbing on top of me.
"I thought I was getting kidnapped for a second Stef." I giggled as he started kissing along my collar bone.

And cause we are young, one thing led to another, which led to something else. Ending up with both of us falling asleep sweating. I was lying across his bare chest, as he played with strands of my hair.
"Night Stef." I smiled as I shut my eyes.
"Night baby..."

We both fell into deep sleep.....