Chapter 8- Friends or foe?

Stefan's pov:

I was still in Dereks loft, when the sun started to rise. I had been up all night trying to find my girlfriend, I was reading a book when I heard the door slam open. Who the hell is this? It's 5am in the morning.
I saw Derek roll his eyes and felt anger inside me when I looked at Scott. They both hate him. Got it.
"Peter what are you doing here?" Derek asked suspiciously.
"What? Can't I come and see my nephew once in a while?" The guy, (whom I learned his name was Peter) said.
"You ditched us for Kate, then tried to take over the supernatural world and Beacon hills!" Scott shouted, "Now my sister is gone and Kate is to blame."
I sighed. This is going to be a long couple of days, it always is without Em. I called Bonnie and told her about Em's disappearance. She said she'll be back in Beacon Hills soon, with Damon and some other people to help look for her. Even though I begged her not to bring Damon, as Emily was still terrified of him. Bonnie said that she will get over in it no time, although I'm not convinced.

"Stefan." Derek said eventually, after what felt like centuries of arguing, "this is my uncle.. Peter. He was with Kate."
His last words were whispered but I could still hear them. I walked up to Peter and pushed him over. Then shouted, "You tell me where my girl is, or I swear to god. I will end you!" He smirked.
"Guys leave it." Derek said escorting me out of his uncles reach- so I couldn't hurt him again. "We will find her."
"I haven't seen Kate or Scott's sister since yesterday, but they were in the woods." He lied through his teeth, we could all tell that.

I restrained my self from beating him up, so instead I walked out of the loft and outside.
"Where are you going then?" I heard a voice behind me. He looked at the confusion written on my face. Damn it, I couldn't remember his name. "Jordan, Parrish. I went to school with Em."
"Right, well I'm going to go look for her since no one is doing anything to help her." I smirked and used my vampire speed to run down the street.

A few seconds later I was lost. Great. But then I got a call. Yay. Alright I need to stop quoting from Peter Rabbit, anyway, the call was from Bonnie, she said she was now in Beacon hills with some of the group. Including Damon and Klaus. Bonnie stated that she was at Melissa's house and said to meet there.

After she hung up, I opened google maps up on my phone and got the shortest route to my girlfriend's family home. Once I got there I noticed that everyone was already inside. I made my way inside to see my brother smirking, for gods sake.
"What have you done now, Damon?" I asked motionlessly.
"Nothing brother, just thought you'd drag us a bit deeper into your girlfriends mess than this," I ran at him, pushing him against a wall.
"You say one more thing about her, I dare you!" Damon looked entertained.
"GUYS STOP!" I heard Caroline shout," I'm here to save my best friend, so stop arguing and let's go find Emma!"
She made us all shut up and a few minutes later we all split off into groups to look for her, I was with: Klaus, Rebekah, Caroline and Jeremy. Damon, Bonnie, Enzo and Elena were in a group- I don't know why Elena was here as Em hated her. But I guess it was just for the search, since she is dating my brother now... The last group was: Elijah, Kai, Lexi and Tyler.

It had been a few hours of searching and still no one had found Emma or tracked her scent. I was still worried and scared if she had gone back down her old road. Quite frankly, I don't want to find her sitting on the Mikaelsons' roof (about to jump off) being high as the sky again. I had only just made it in time, luckily Klaus was there though. She'd had a few bad relapses since then, I don't want it to happen again.
"I'm going to call Scott, and see if he found anything." I said, grabbing my phone viciously out of my pocket and dealing his number. Everyone looked at me confused, except Klaus. She still hadn't told them? I looked at them, "Her brother, he's a werewolf."
Caroline mouthed an 'oh' and looked at the floor. Jeremy looked and uncomfortable. Rebekah asked, "Why didn't she tell us?"
"I don't know." I spoke, bluntly.

My phone rung 3 times before Scott picked it up, "hello?"
"Scott, have you found her yet or anything?"
"Erm what? No.." You didn't have to be supernatural to know he was lying.
Then I heard an ear-piercing scream. It was Em.
"Scott. You better tell me right now where she is. Or I swear to god I will rip your throat out!" I shouted down the phone, earning me a smirk from Klaus.

After a couple seconds of silence, I heard shuffling behind the other end of the phone. And heard Dereks voice, "yeah, Stefan. We found her."
I was shocked. Why wouldn't they tell me?!
"Why the hell didn't you tell me?!"
"Because.." Derek started before cutting himself off, "Let's just say she didn't come in peacefully." He paused," She threatened us that she would turn her humanity off, whatever that means."
Shit.
"Did she do it?" Klaus asked, from behind me.
Derek answered, "I don't know.. what does it even mean?"
"It means she won't be able to feel anything, any feelings like happy or sad. She wouldn't feel it, she has a chance of becoming a ripper if she did." Then I asked the question that would determine if she really had turned it off, "did she kill anyone?"
There was another pause, "yes,"
Damn it.

I looked at Caroline, then at Klaus, then at Jeremy. "We're on our way..."