Chapter 13- still here.

Stefan's pov:
We were planning on leaving Beacon Hills and travelling back to Mystic Falls, but Bonnie insisted that we didn't. Geez, anywhere with supernatural creatures seems to be dangerous at the moment. It was perfectly fine about a week ago.
Ever since we arrived in Beacon Hills, things started to take weird turns. It's like Zeus flipped a switch for us. Good to know that the whole world is against us. Emily's health was finally getting better, from when my brother attacked and bit her. I thought she was better now, we all did.
I can't get what Klaus said out of my head, "she'll have to tell you". Like seriously, what can be that important that she can't even tell her boyfriend- soon to be fiancé.

Yes, fiancé. I've been trying to find the right time to propose, but everything has been so up and down lately. My plan was to ask her to marry me at a dinner with her family, after we had gotten to know each other. But clearly that hadn't worked as Scott doesn't trust us and Melissa is always at work.

Myself, Klaus and Rebekah had left the McCall household with Emily about an hour ago. After her breakdown, she randomly passed out- probably from using to much energy- so we went back to the McCalls' and packed our bags. Klaus had booked 2 (hotel) apartments for us, me and Em in one, and Klaus and Rebekah in the other (them in separate beds, of course). All three of us were waiting in apartment 10 (my apartment) waiting to see if my girlfriend would wake up anytime soon. She had been out for 3 hours after all.

"She probably just needs time to sleep" Rebekah said, emerging from the kitchen holding a mug of coffee.
Klaus just sat on the sofa with his head resting in his hands. Then I heard a heart beat quicken and me and Klaus rapidly turned our heads towards the bedroom. She must have just woken up, panicking.
Both me and Klaus made our way to the door, as Rebekah turned on the TV and sat down.
"I'll go." I breathed, encouraging him to sit with his sister- whilst I talk to Em.

I walked into the bedroom, it was a mess. The hotel was cheap so it was kind of expected, but still. How hadn't I noticed this on the way in before? There was a singular lightbulb hanging from the ceiling with no cover, the wallpaper  had begun to peel off, leaving a sticky residue underneath it. The floor was a light grey carpet, covered in stains of what looked like it could've been blood.
The bed creaked slowly as I sat next to Emily. "I know you're awake."
She flinched as I went to hold her hand. "Sorry" she mumbled into the sheets.
"It's ok, don't worry. Do you want to tell me anything?" She looked distressed, "Em, you ok? You look pale."
"Yeah, I'm fine. It's just the weather, it's been up and down. It's got my system all messed up." I nodded my head.

I lay down next to her as she snuggled herself into my chest. "I thought I was better.." she whispered,
I felt a tear roll down my cheek as she said this. Her voice was breaking, her heart beat was racing and she looked in pain. "We all did." I stated, beginning to rub circles into the palm of her hand.

I waited a few minutes until asking, "Baby, this probably isn't the best time. But I asked Klaus why he always knew if you were ok or not." I paused, feeling her eyes squeeze shut, "And, well he told me to ask you. I gather that it's kind of important?"
She slightly wriggled out of my grip and looked at me in my eye, "Can we talk about this later? Please?" I gave her a bleak smile and nodded.
I didn't want to accidentally push her over the edge again..

Klaus and Rebekah were watching TV, I could just about hear them talking. Although I only caught the last part of the sentence, "Klaus," said Rebekah, "one of you two are going to have to tell him the truth soon. Or he's going to find out another way and it's going to get messy."

Was that a threat?

I was thinking about that until, I felt Em's heartbeat quicken. I looked over at her, but she quickly sat up and leaned over the other side of the bed, throwing up what looked like her lunch. "Sorry" she breathed, her heart slowly going back to normal. "It's not your fault, come on. Let's get you cleaned up."
I called Rebekah in so she could help Em, as I cleaned up the room. Klaus waited outside the room, still watching TV. I think the show he was watching was called lucifer? Or something like that.

I had cleaned up the mess the best I could, but a stain was left on the carpet. She's going to feel bad about that later. I figured that Rebekah and Em had talked for a little while, as after I had finally finished cleaning the floor, I heard the shower eventually turn on.
I re-made the bed and laid out a pairs of pj's for Em after she had gotten out of the shower. Then I joined Klaus in the living room, watching the next episode of Lucifer. I'm pretty sure it's called that.

Rebekah's pov:
Stefan had called my through, from the other room. I left Klaus to watch whatever it was, Lucifer I think it was? Not sure though.
Once I entered the door I instantly smelt vomit, I then realised that Em had thrown up and Stefan had just wanted me to clean her up.

We walked into the bathroom and Em sat on the lid of the toilet, resting her head on her knees. "I'm a mess." She cried.
"Hey, hey, hey. No your not, it's not your fault." I smiled, "how about you get cleaned up, then we'll all watch a film together?"
"All? Who else is here?" She asked.
"You, me, Stefan and Klaus." She mouthed an 'oh'.

I sensed that something else was wrong, "something else is wrong? What happened? You can tell me, I can keep a secret." I encouraged, smiling and hugging her arm.
"I can't." She whispered.
"Why not?" I questioned.

We waited a while before she spoke again. "This happened before as well.."
"What do you mean" I furrowed my eyebrows.
"I threw up before when I was with Kate, I didn't think much of it- as I had a migraine that day anyway."
She yawned again, who is this tired after a 3 hour nap? Wait...
I thought for a moment.
"Em?" I asked.
"Hmm?"
"Do you think you could be? You know? Pregnant?" I whispered the last part so that only she could hear.
Her eyes looked up at me with shock and panic, "no, no, no. I can't be, Stef's gonna kill me."
"Hey, we don't even know if you are yet. Ok?" I looked at her, "Right, you have a shower. And I'll run to the pharmacy and get a test." She nodded.

As I left the bathroom, I heard the shower turn on. I grabbed my purse of the kitchen counter and unlocked the door, "where are you going?" I heard a voice behind me ask, Klaus. Dammit.
"Just popping out to the pharmacy, I've got a banging headache. I'll be back in a bit"
And with that I left to get the test.