Chapter 21- lies

Em's pov: still.
I woke up in a dark room. It was almost impossible to describe, vines covered the walls and there was a vault-like pattern on the wall. I stood up and walked over to it. It was locked, of course it was.
A thick layer of dust coated most surfaces, the place was ancient. Suddenly, a rush of hot air flew into me. This place was too hot to be Beacon Hills or Mystic Falls...
I turned around to a loud BANG. I covered my ears as the sound ringed in my ears, like a bomb had gone off. I looked up and saw a boney skeleton thing- it was hovering over me. I tried to scream, but I couldn't. I tried to move, but I couldn't. I was frozen, paralysed. I heard the floor creak slightly and another figure began to approach me.

Blonde hair rested on their shoulders, their face was purple and indigo. Their teeth were huge and curved around their chin, they were a pearly white colour. I heard a growl, and before I knew it they had their claws drawn and began to strangle me.
"I warned you Em, I told you to meet me in Mexico. You didn't come did you? What did you expect me to do? Leave you alone?" They laughed.
I could feel the point of their claws in my throat. Then I realised it was Kate. Shit.
Then the pain was gone and I screamed.

My eyes shot open and my throat felt raw as hell. "Em, it's ok. You're ok!" I heard Stefan shout.
I was confused, what had happened? I was back in the hospital, Klaus, Stefan, Derek and Bex were here. But why?
I felt my claws extend from my fingers and my teeth from my jaw. A feral growl escaped my mouth.
"Calm down Em." I heard Derek say, sternly.
I growled again, feeling someone push me against the bed. I fought back and successfully knocked them down, I clawed at someone's chest. I had no control. I swear. It wasn't my fault.

Then reality faded back in, I looked down at my hands. The claws had disappeared and blood dripped from them into the floor. Drip, drip, drip.
I held my breath, processing what I had done.
I felt a cold hand on my should and turned around to see Klaus. I instantly wrapped my arms around him and started crying, I cried until I passed out. Until all of my energy had been drained from my system.

Derek's pov:
She had been dead for 2 hours now, we were huddled around her bed. Thinking of what to do next. I held back my tears, my best friend was dead.
The doctors said it was a sudden death, and there was nothing they could do. They said there was a rare chance of that happening after the operation. I held back my tears. No one had seen me cry in a long time, and I intended to keep it that way.
Scott and Melissa left a while ago with Roman, to find a plan to track down Kate or something. Apparently they were going back to Mexico in a few days. Me and Brayden were planning on doing the same, but not until I had finished mourning over Emma. I just couldn't believe she was actually dead.

Klaus looked physically dead, he was pale and sweating. I'm not really sure what was wrong with him.
Stefan was close to falling asleep, he looked dead inside. His fiancé and baby just died.
And Rebekah showed no emotion, but I could smell the anxiety on her- stronger than it was (usually) on Stiles.

A few more minutes passed and no one spoke. Until I swear I saw Em move, I noticed she started sweating. Could that just be a reaction to dying? She began to shake and talk, and talk in what sounded like Latin. I didn't even know she knew Latin. Was she alive? Or was this just another supernatural lie?

A doctor walked in and stood in the corner of the room, she was also wondering what was happening to her. Em began to shake vigorously and scream, before she jolted forwards- her eyes shot open. Damn it. They were blue. A vibrant blue. Her supernatural eyes.
Stefan attempted to push Emily back onto the bed, but it was no use. As she was a Hybrid and he was only a Vampire. She fought back..

The doctor walked slowly towards the bed to see what was happened, but unfortunately before she could properly- Em leaped onto her, clawing down the poor doctors chest.
Then it looked as if something clicked, she looked down at her hands, horrified at what she had done. As blood dripped from her stained hands... drip, drip, drip.

Sometimes the supernatural hearing isn't really the best. I felt insensitive as usual, I'm not good in these situations. Normally I just make them worse..

Klaus walked behind her and placed his hand on Em's shoulder- her breathing was heavy and rapid. She almost instantly turned around and hugged him, as she cried to the point where she eventually passed out.

I sighed.
"The first sign of grief." Klaus said, picking Emily up carrying her to the door.
"What are you doing?" I asked, turning to him.
"Getting her out of here, she needs to wake up in somewhere where she feels comfortable."
"Are you crazy Klaus!? You're going to get caught!" I practically shouted, "What don't you understand? This isn't Mystic Falls! We do things differently here."
"Maybe you do." His sister begun, "But we're not part of your pack, we have our own pack. We're heading back to the apartment."
"Fine" I said, leaving the room and heading to Scott's house.

————————————
"Scott!" I shouted, entering his house.
On my entry, I saw both him and Melissa sitting at the kitchen table with another guy- who I didn't recognise.
"Who's this?" I asked, confused.

Scott paused before saying, "He's the funeral director, we're discussing Em's funeral." His face was soaked with tears, so was Melissas'.
"You don't need to do this, she's alive." I spoke.
"Derek-"
"No! She's alive, I saw her minutes ago, Scott!"
"No, get out. We don't need this right now Derek." Scott said, gritting his teeth.

I turned around to see a small kid standing in the doorway, tears dribbling down his cheeks, and a giraffe toy in his hands.
"Mumma?" He asked, "Is mamma back?"
"No, sorry Roman. Let's go upstairs." Scott said, grabbing his hand and leading him upstairs.

I looked at Melissa and the man, sorrow written on Melissa's face and pity on the other guys. And with that, I left the house- and went back to my loft.