Chapter 7- Bonding

After a while, I wandered aimlessly into what looked like an old abandoned trains station. On arrival, I noticed someone in the shadows- leaning on the wall.
"Kate?" I smiled, running up to her and hugging her.
"The one and only" she had a smirk on her face. The same smirk she had on her face when she was dating Derek.
I confused. How did she know about them betraying me?

So I asked her... she told me she had these visions, I couldn't not believe her. I told her about the visions I was having and she apologised, not that it's her fault or anything.
For a second I asked myself if I should call Stefan... I ignored the feeling.

Kate had left the room for a few minutes. "Emily," I heard her say from a room,
"Yeah?" I replied.
"I'm going to show you something, ok? You can't freak out"
"Ok? What is it Kate?"
"Just come through here!" She called back.
I walked down a couple of steps, ducked underneath a low-hanging beam and climbed over a Boulder- in the centre of the room- before walking through to the room.

As I entered the room, I screamed, as I saw a hideous looking creature. But a hand quickly covered my mouth, I turned round to see Kate. "Shhhh," she laughed. She lifted her hand of my mouth.
"What is it?" I asked, studying the beast.
"It's called a Berserker." She smirked,"I have a few of them to protect us, for the Hale-McCall pack."
I laughed,"that's a shit name"
"I know right" she studied me for a fast second, "you've changed a lot."
"What can I say? So have you.." we both smirked, before my phone started ringing.
"Are you going to take that?" Kate asked.
"Yeah, I'll be back in a second."

I walked outside, before bringing my phone up to me ear.
"Erm, Hello?"
"Em?"
"Stefan." I sighed.
"Em, baby. What happened? Where are you?"
"Stefan, I'm fine. I'm just-"I sighed again, "I'm just taking a break-"
"Emma, please don't go back down this path, I can't loose you."
"No,no,no Stef. It's not like that. I just can't deal with the supernatural stuff, not again, not for a while. Erm, I'm staying with a friend for a while."
I heard shuffling on the other end of the phone. I huffed in frustration. And before I knew it, Stefan was back on the phone:
"Baby, Derek said you are with Kate." He sounded disappointed. I hate when he's like this.
"Yeah, she's an old friend. We're close, so you don't need to worry." I hung up. Shit. I'm throwing everyone away...

"You ok Em?"
"Yeah, just boyfriend drama" I laughed.
"Let's go back inside,"
"Ok"

We chatted about what supernatural creatures we both are, this went on for a while...
That's when we noticed the sun coming up
"Oops"
We both laughed and headed to a bedroom. Yes, we shared a bed. I didn't think much of it, since we are really good friends.