Chapter 15- Chaos

Emma's pov:

We were in the car for at least 20 minutes, once we arrived at Dereks loft, we sensed that a couple of people were inside.
"They still don't trust us Klaus." Rebekah said.
"It's just a short visit." Klaus replied, opening the main door.
There was a silence as we entered. Then I saw Scott slam something against the table. Damn, he was mad.
I stood next to Stefan, he must've also sensed how angry Scott was, as he grabbed my hand and entwined our fingers. I smiled to myself.

"What the hell are you smiling about Em?!" Scott shouted, making me flinch.
"Leave it Scott." Derek warned.

"Where's Kate?" I asked looking around the room, I only recognised Scott, Stiles, Jordan and Derek. Everyone else in this room was foreign to me.
"We don't know, we're trying to find her." Derek said, not looking up from his book.
"Has anything else happened?" I asked walking over to him.
"No," he sighed, "We think Peters involved as well, but that's all we've got. You've seen Kate first hand, you know how dangerous she is. Right?"
I nodded.
"No. Guys stop." Scott spat, "why the hell is she just allowed to walk in here and start barking orders? She left ages ago, to join Kate. Are we forgetting about that?! And then she leaves me with this random kid to look after!"
I gave him a death stare.
"What?!" Scott walked over to me and pushed me.
"Hey! Scott stop!" Derek roared in his face, "she's helping us, it wasn't her fault. Ok? No buts"
"Fine" he huffed.

I turned around to face Stefan, I smiled. "I'm fine" I whispered.
He pulled me so my back was against his chest, as we listened to the 'pack' talk about the plan to get Kate.
I got bored half way through and couldn't concentrate so I excused myself, I walked into a room to calm down and refocus. Breathe, just breathe Em. What on earth is happening to me?
Then I heard a voice...
"Mama?" I turned my head to see my cousin.
"Roman?" I gasped, so happy to see him.
He ran up to me and I knelt down, I wrapped my arms around his tiny body. I missed this. Just him and I, the best cousins ever. I don't think Scott even knew who he was- of course he doesn't, he doesn't keep in touch with dads' side of the family. Idiot.
"Where were you?" He asked, pulling away from me and walking back to the bed in the corner of the room.
I stuttered, "well.. I..I was helping.." think Em, "I was helping save Beacon hills."
He smiled, "That's so cool! I want to be like you when I'm older." He was adorable. I grinned.
"Do you wanna read together?" I asked him, he nodded, "which book?" I asked grabbing a pile of books off a shelf, he pointed to a picture book called 'Boogie Bear' by David Walliams.
"I don't think we've ever read this book before kiddo. The author has a bit of a weird name." Roman started laughing.
My heart melted in his presence, maybe I didn't want a baby at the moment, because I had him...
I was broken out of my thoughts when Stiles burst into the room, carrying a box of toy cars.
He smiled awkwardly at me, "hi?"
"Stiles. It's Emily. You don't remember me?" I asked puzzled.
"Oh. No, I do remember you, I just don't know whether or not to trust you." Wow stiles. (Sarcasm intended).
"Right." I gritted my teeth, "well, you can leave now. I've got this under control." I turned around to face Roman- who was sitting on the bed hiding under the blanket. I smiled, I haven't been this calm in a while.
I turned back around, to see Stiles still standing there, "look I don't hate you, you know that right? I'm just following Scott's lead.." of course you are Stiles.
"Well, I'm still telling you to get out so leave!" I snapped back.

He began walking off, "mama? Who was that?" Roman asked, hiding beneath the bed sheets.
"Just one of Scott's friends." I smiled back at him, "we should probably start reading this book, before it gets too late, come on" I walked over to the bed and sat on the edge of it. Then we begun to read it together...

Stiles' pov:
Derek had sent me to look after the kid for a bit, whilst all of the 'supernatural creatures' have a talk. Apparently I'm useless at this stage, as I have no powers, or 'special weapons'. I gathered some of my old toys from the attic, before I left to come here and pick up Scott. It ended up just being a big box of cars and a few books, but who cares.

I walked into the room where the young child was and I heard laughing. There was also a woman's voice. Huh?
As I closed the door behind me, I saw her. Emma McCall, I honestly thought she left ages ago.
"Hi?" I said, damn that was awkward.
She waited a moment before speaking, "Stiles. It's me, Emily. You don't remember me?"
What do I say now?! She's just in here?
"Oh. No, I do remember you, I just don't think I can trust you..." it looked like her heart smashed I front of my very eyes.
"Right." Oh no, she looked angry. Derek, Scott help!? "Well, you can leave now. I've got this under control." She gritted her teeth.
She turned away from me, to look at the kid. Did she know him? How? I mean, Scott did say earlier that she randomly left him...

I walked back to the others- with a confused look on my face. As I reached the table, I felt eyes staring up at me, before Scott spoke, "what's wrong Stiles?" He asked puzzled. Also raising an eyebrow.
"Oh, erm. It's nothing Scott." I stuttered.
"Your heart skipped a beat, you're lying." Derek looked up at me, from the table.
"It's just that-" I paused, "Just Emma found the kid."
I stopped again and looked up at everyone, the 'vampires' looked mad. The Klaus guy stared intensely at Scott. Oh, if looks could kill he would be sooooooo dead right now.
"The kid?" A blonde guy asked.
I heard Derek sigh, "yeah, the kid you dropped off at Scott's."
I heard a door creak open, and Emma emerge from it. Great, here we go again...

Emma's pov:
After stiles left, me and Roman read the book. He seemed to enjoy it, then I used my werewolf hearing to listen to what people were saying in the other room.
The only part I heard was, "yeah, the kid you dropped off at Scott's." Derek spoke.
I made my way towards the others, in the main room of the apartment. The door creaked loudly as I opened it. Roman had decided to come with me, so we entered the room together. His tiny hand in mine.
Scott's face was engulfed in confusion and frustration. I squeezed my cousins hand slightly and stood by the table, with the others. Stefan smiled at me, I winked back.

"Mama?" Roman whispered.
"Yeah?" I answered. "What's up?"
"Can we go soon? I'm getting bored." I smiled.
"Of course, go pack up your stuff." I leaned down and kissed his forehead, before he ran off back to the room he was in moments before.
I looked back up at everyone, who was standing at the table.
"What?" I questioned?
Scott looked insanely angry. As if he was going to explode.
"Scott, go outside for a while." Derek said, flicking through a book on the table.
He didn't move.
A few moments later he spoke, "how could you?"
"What do you mean Scott?" Totally oblivious that literally everyone heard my conversation with my cousin.
"How could you be so irresponsible and have a kid?!" His voice rose by the second.
"Scott-" I sighed, finally realising what I had said.
"No! I don't want to hear it!"
"SCOTT LISTEN TO ME!" I shouted- unaware that Stefan was now next to me. "He's not my son! Ok? He's our cousin. And if you weren't so angry at dad, you'd know that. Cause while you've been avoiding him, I've still been looking after him. He's changed Scott, dad's not like he was when he left. He's a different man! Dads' sister had a baby 5 years ago." I paused, as tears began to form in the corners of my eyes. "She passed away a couple of years ago. Her death was pronounced an animal attack, a 'mountain lion' attack. So I kind of became close with him, very close... he's our cousin, that's all there is to it." I looked at Stef, "we need to go back to the apartment, Roman wants to leave."

Stefan nodded his head, "Ok baby."
I turned around to face Roman, with his backpack in his hands. He looked so sad. How long had he been there?
He began to cry.
"I'm sorry Roman, I didn't see you there. We're leaving now." I picked him up and carried him outside to Klaus' car.
Stefan came out of Dereks apartment a few minutes later with Klaus and Bex.