Chapter 10- I killed Caroline

Emily's pov:

I yawned as I woke up cuddled up to Stefan. "Hey" he spoke softly, "I know I ask this a lot, but are you actually ok?"
"No." I yawned again, "no, not really"
"Do you want to talk about it?" Stefan began to sit up, bringing me with him.
"Yeah, but later.." I was still so tired, "why are there people downstairs?"
He looked at me weirdly then said, "You mean you don't remember?"
"Remember what?"
"Baby, you turned your humanity off. And killed peop-"

I felt a tear fall down my cheek, I always promised myself that would never happen.. now look at me.
"Hey, hey it's ok.. don't cry." He hugged me again, his hands gliding up and down my back, calming me down.
"I promised myself I wouldn't turn into Damon," I cried into Stefan's shoulder, "And now look at me."

I heard footsteps walking up the stairs, then Stefan shouted, "Damon, what the hell! Get out! She doesn't want you here."
"Oh, so she hasn't told you." He was laughing. "Your gonna be so gutted, brother."
I pressed myself harder towards Stefan's chest and he kept his hands on my back.
"Just leave her alone Damon, she's been through a lot."
"I could tell your boyfriend who Roman is, right now Emily."

I felt anger bubble up inside me, "Fine! JUST STOP!"
Damon left seconds after my outburst, Stefan looked at me. I already knew what he was going to ask me,
"So, who is Roman? Only if you're ok talking about it.." should I tell him the truth? Em, think quickly!
"Em?" Hurry up!
"He's my cousin.. I know it doesn't sound like much, but I looked after him a lot before I moved to Mystic Falls. We are so close," I sighed as I heard the kid race up the stairs.
"Hey buddy!" I exclaimed as he climbed on the bed and hugged me.
"Mama!" Roman crawled next to me and pulled out his book, "Can you read it to me?"
"Yeah, ok." I watched Stefan as he got more and more confused, "he is my cousin, but like I said before... we are really close."
"Oh, no. I do believe you." I smiled and lent my head onto his shoulder, "What's the book called?"

☆★✯☆✯★✯☆★✯★✯☆✯★✯☆✯★✯☆✯★✯

A few hours passed, I had read the book to my Roman- and I had just previously woken up from a small nap. I was coming downstairs with Stefan. I paused...
"Wait," I put my arm out in front of Stefan, "stop."
I looked down and inspected the first step. Tripwire. "Trap." I muttered.
"Who would set a trap?" Stefan asked under his breath.
"I don't know."

"Hey Em!" I heard Caroline's voice ascending, advancing towards me.
"Getting closer, getting closer, getting closer by the second." Caroline started walking up the stairs,
"Caroline! Stop. Tripwire." Stefan managed to say before she got very far.
"No, it's fine. It's false." I chimed, "Just come here I want to show you something..." Stefan looked at me suspiciously.
"Come one, hurry up. Getting closer getting closer getting closer." I was chanting now.
"Em? Are you ok?" Caroline said, carrying on walking up the stairs.
"Caroline! Stay there. Somethings wrong with her."
"Getting closer, getting closer."
"Emma! Snap out of it."
"Come on, getting closer, getting closer, getting closer" a grin started to for on my face- ear to ear.

As Caroline reached the top step, BANG. A wooden stake shot through the air and landed in her chest, probablywent straight-through her heart. Blood started pouring everywhere, I laughed. My laugh was evil.
I couldn't hear anything anymore. I was on top of the world. I. Was. Free.

Everything started moving in slow motion. First, Caroline fell to the floor. Stefan applied pressure to around where the stake was. I felt the vibrations of (someone running) through the floor. Then I saw Klaus, he grabbed me and held me back. I was laughing and smirking. People were shouting, Klaus locked some chains around me and attached me to the railing. Elena stayed in the corner with her brother and Damon hit me, trying to snap me back into reality. I was laughing historically my fingers messing with each other and pulling on my eyelids. Then I heard someone scream, Bonnie. It was official, Caroline Forbes was dead.

That's when I woke up.