Chapter 22- I promise.

Em's pov: (I'm going to change her full name to Emma, cause I think it fits better. Sorry for any inconvenience)

I awoke in the apartment bedroom. God, this is starting to feel like deja-vue. I leaned over to the night stand and picked up my phone, the time read 8:54am. I sighed as I remembered every event from the last few months. And then eventually let out a sob- as I remembered the trip to Beacon Hills Memorial and our lost baby...
But at least me and my brother are in the same page now, right?

I walked out of the door, to be greeted with a massive hug from Stefan. "I'm so sorry Emma." He whispered still holding me. I pulled away and looked at him, "Me too Stef, me too." I sighed and headed over to the kitchen.
"This is going to be a long road, but we'll get back to normal in the end." I gave Stefan a questionable look, "I know that for a fact, because I love you." He carried on talking as I made myself a cup of tea.

I gripped my stomach as we made our way over to the sofa and begun to watch a film. I didn't know what it was called as I was too tired to ask. My stitches still hurt and I was still extremely tired, but who would expect anything different.
"Come here baby." Stefan held out his arms as I snuggled against his chest.

It wasn't before long, that I slowly drifted asleep. (Me still being sleep deprived from not being able to sleep due to the pain).

Stefan's pov:

Once the film had ended, it was 10:54am. Emma had fallen asleep again- with her head on my chest. We probably shouldn't have taken her out of hospital this early, but unless Beacon Hills wanted a couple more accidental deaths- there was nothing wrong about us doing so.

That's when it hit me, I remembered that everyone (apart from Bex, me, Klaus and Derek) still thought Em was dead...
Damn it, this is going to be hard to explain.
I keep telling myself that we never should've come here in the first place. But it's too late now, we can only hope that it'll get better from here. It's not like it can get any worse, right?

It was peaceful until I heard someone knock at the door, "hold on." I said, slowly pulling Em off me and laying her down on the sofa.
"Hurry up Stefan." The voice on the opposite side of the door spoke.
I opened the door, to be faced with Klaus and a very tired looking Rebekah.
"What's wrong?" I asked as they wondered through to the kitchen.
"Just checking up on her." Klaus said, looking through to where Emma was resting.
"She's fine, just tired." I answered,
"You're saying that now." Klaus muttered.

"I'll be back in a second." I went over to Emma and sat next to her, slightly nudging her, "Hey, Klaus and Bex are here. Do you want to get up?"
She opened her eyes slightly and groaned, rubbing her eyes. "Hmm?"
"They're in the kitchen." I smiled, kissing her soft forehead.
"I'm so tired," Em whispered, almost inaudible.
"You don't have to go baby. You can go back to bed, through there though," I pointed to our bedroom, "I don't want you getting a bad neck."
"I think I'll just go back to bed, but can  you get Bex to come through please?" I nodded.

Then we parted our separate ways, and I told Bex to meet Em in the bedroom.

—————- short chapter sry, I'll try to include more things next chapter anything u wanna see put in comments!!!!—————————