Chapter 23- Mexico

Emma's pov:
We lay in bed, it was about 11pm and a couple of nights after I Klaus and Bex came over. I was lying on Stefan's chest with a blanket wrapped around my torso. He wasn't asleep, after everything that has happened- I don't blame him, honestly.
"You still awake?" He asked, I nodded.
"Just can't sleep at the moment."
"Is it Kate? Or...?" He paused to look at me.
"No I just feel so uncomfortable. Constantly, I keep having migraines and cramps." I said flipping onto my back, "I'm terrified, Stef."
"Me too, Emma. Me too." He kissed my forehead.

Then we drifted to sleep.

The next morning, I woke up to a phone call from my mate. "Hey Klaus, what's up?" I asked, walking out of the bedroom.
"Just checking up on my favourite person." I smiled, "I miss you."
"Wait-" I frowned, "what do you mean 'miss me'? Where are you?"
"Oh, erm. We've gone back to Mystic Falls, just some trouble there. I'll be back soon though."
"Are you ok?"
Klaus chuckled, "Shouldn't I be asking you that?"
I laughed for a moment, "I'm fine, but seriously. Don't die."
"Look, I can't promise that. But I'll see you soon."
"Bye then." I sighed.
He replied, "See you soon."
Then the call ended.

I decided to call Scott, cause why not. I dialled his number into my phone, ring... ring.... Ring.... "Hello? Who is this?" He asked.
"Ha, ha, ha. Very funny Scott." I laughed through the phone.
"No, seriously who is this? I'm really busy with the pack in Mexico."
"Mexico? Why are you there Scott? Is this to do with Kate?" I asked ignoring his question.
"Hold on." I heard muffled speaking behind the other end of the phone.
Then I heard Lydia's voice, "Hey?"
"Oh hi Lydia, it's me." I paused for a moment, "Emma." I was confused as to why they didn't answer.
Then the phone was passed back onto Scott.
"Emma? What the hell." He yelled.
"Scott?" I questioned, "What happened?"
"You- y.. you died."
"What do you mean? How, I... what?"
"That's exactly what I'm thinking, but sis. We're in Mexico, I know this timing isn't convenient, but we need you here so we can't catch Kate. If you can't come, I understan-"
"Of course I'll come Scott. I'm on my way now."
"See you then sis. Drive safely."

I placed my phone on the kitchen table and grabbed some clothes that had been piled onto the sofa and got dressed. I wrote another note and left it on the counter, before grabbing my keys and leaving. I sighed, not knowing what I'd gotten myself into. As usual.

The drive to the city was long, and tiring. I had to stop multiple times, due to several severe aches and cramps. But I made it eventually. I called Scott and he told me to go to a specific Aztec temple. By the time I got there, the rest of the pack were already inside and I heard a terrifying roar. I parked my car and got out. "Emma?!" I heard a woman's voice shout.
"Brayden?" I looked to where she was standing, then lowered my gaze. I saw my worst fear, a very dead looking Derek.
"No.." I whispered as she hugged me.
"You have to fight, go inside. I'll keep him safe... I promise." She sighed, throwing me one of her pistols.
"Thanks!" I shouted as I ran inside the temple.

Inside was dark and damp, not the type of place I would hose for a day out.
I ran towards where I heard the commotion, I suspected to see Kate, but instead I saw the pack fighting Peter. Dereks uncle? What had he done this time?

In the end, Scott managed to knock Peter out. He turned around and saw me, his eyes widened with shock. "It was really you!" He cried hugging me tightly.
"Yeah." I said, hugging him back, but much lighter.
The rest of the pack looked shocked to see me as well.
"I don't know what you guys heard, but I'm alive." I said, shyly. Then I turned back to Scott, as we all heard police sirens heading this way.
"What the hell?" I heard Malia whisper under her breath.
We ran outside to see what was happening. It was the sheriffs department and Calimereas.
I limped over to Brayden, I saw tears trickling down her face. "I don't know where he is! He just disappeared." I looked over to where Derek was laying just moments before. He was gone.
"What the hell is going on." I muttered under my breath.

Gun shots were still going off as Kat ran away into the distance of Mexico. The berserkers had vanished, which was a bit terrifying. We reunited altogether, and sat outside the temple on a small stone wall.
I sighed, I held Brayden's' hand as she shed tears. I thought it had all finally stopped: the sheriffs department were talking with eachother, Scott and Kira had been rescued.
Bit I suddenly caught Kates' scent again- I know Scott did as well, as both of our heads shot up like meerkats.
I ran around the corner to see Kate.... And... Derek?!
He was in his wolf form, a coal-black growling wolf (with anger issues).

He howled, before transforming back to human. Kate was stunned, she looked as if she physically couldn't speak.
She stuttered a lot before speaking her first words, "I.. I killed you..."
Derek gave one of his famous smirks, "I wasn't dying Kate." He paused to look at me, "I was evolving."
He then pounced on top of her and clawed down her chest. He then casually stood up and walked towards me, and Scott who had appeared behind me with a handful of Derek's clothes. He chuckled (slightly embarrassed) before taking them and equipping them.
Once we turned back around, Kate was long gone. And for good this time, I smiled. We. Had. Finally. Won.
I hugged Scott, then Derek. "We did it." Derek breathed.
"Finally." Scott said, before we walked off towards the others.

I saw Stiles and his dad being reunited, Jordan and Lydia were talking- before he saw me and walked over to me. "How's it going Em?" He hugged me tightly.
"Slow. Very slowly." I sighed.
"You shouldn't be here. You could've gotten injured." He warned.
"Yeah, but I'm fine aren't I?" I smiled briefly.
"That's not what I'm worried about..." He paused and opened the side door to his car, "He's what I'm worried about."

I was confused at what he meant, until a saw Stefan Salvatore step out of the car. I ran up to him and hugged him so tightly, I wrapped my legs and hurried my head into his neck.
"I love you." He said, walking back over to my car, that was parked over by a tree.
"I love you more." I kissed him and pulled out my car keys.
"Hey- no. I'm driving, you've already strained yourself by driving down here." He snatched the keys from my hand and sat in the drivers seat. I sighed, before admitting my defeat and sitting in the passenger seat.

Now we have to get back to Beacon Hills and explain to Melissa. How hard can that be? Hopefully not that hard....