Worry

Summer POV

I was stuck in nothingness. A void. And it was terrifying. Thoughts kept hitting me like a freight train and I couldn't control it. I wanted to scream, but no sound escaped my lips. It was deathly silent.

The thought that continued to hit me was,'What is Bryce going to think when he finds out I've been talking Dylan?'

It was something that shouldn't have bothered me, because deep down I knew I had done nothing wrong. I had simply gotten to the bottom, the root if you will, of their sibling issue. I was hoping that maybe I could solve the issue, or lead them to solving it themselves. But then why did I feel this gut wrenching guilt? Was it because Bryce asked my not to speak to Dylan? Was it because I thought maybe Dylan might be lying, and I'm going to look like a fool in the end for believing him? I know how hurt Bryce was by his brother, and I don't want him to think that I'm going behind his back. But I was, wasn't i?

I knotted my fingers in my hair at the thought of Bryce leaving me over this. I'm a horrible person. I should have respected Bryce's wishes, and just avoided Dylan. After all the pain Dylan caused Bryce, I could at least do that.

I felt the invisible walls closing in on me as I rocked back and forth on the ground. Just as it was about to crush me a single tear escaped my eye.

.

.

.

I woke up with a major headache and tear stained cheeks. I felt sick to my stomach. I rolled over to look at the night stand to see a water bottle and bottle of aspirin next to it. A folded paper laid next to it with my name scribbled on it. On the inside was a quick note from Bryce.

Sorry I'm not here when you woke up. My roommate locked himself out of our dorm and is wandering around somewhere in town. Went to go find him and drop him off back at our dorm. Be back soon with coffee and breakfast. Take some aspirin and stay hydrated. It'll help with the hangover.

-Love Bryce

I sighed and wiped the tears from my face, relived Bryce wouldn't see me like this. I reached over for the aspirin bottle and popped some aspirin in my mouth and took a few gulps of water. My head was pounding and I was regretting how much I dank last night. But my regret melted away and instantly was replaced with that guilt from my nightmare.

I needed to talk to Brit. Just spill everything that I just experienced in my nightmare, and she could help determine whether or not this was something to stress over. Sitting up and swinging my legs over the side of the bed a realized that I had one of Bryce's shirts on. I had that and a pair of underwear on, but that was it. My face flushed red, and I could help but wonder if things went somewhere last night. Because if they did, I dint remember, and it scared me shitless. I would have to speak to Bryce about this when he returned...

Quickly finding a pair of shorts, I grabbed the key to our room and tiptoed across the hall to Brits. I lightly knocked on the door and waited patiently for Britney to answer. After a few seconds Brit answered the door, clothes already on and half of her hair curled. "Hey SumBum." She greeted, stepping aside so I could walk in. "I'm surprised to see you up and moving around this early after all the drinks you had last night." She said, shutting the door.

"Oh trust me, I'm feeling it this morning." I said, collapsing on her bed.

Brit smiled as she went back to curling her hair. "Well then, what brings you to my neck of the woods?"

I let out a sigh, nervous to tell her. I was going to sound crazy, I just knew it. But I had to get it off my chest, if I didn't it was going to just eat away at me. "Well I had this night mare last night..."