For Me and For the Team

I stared at the card that Cindy had given me, debating on whether or not to call her. I glanced over to my desk where everyone's notes were from the tryouts, along with all the girls forms I had them fill out before tryouts began. So much had to be done before Monday. So much... I raked a hand through my curls, on the verge of a panic attack! Placing Cindy's card and my phone on my bed and walked over to my desk. I flipped through the notes, pleased to see the different views on each of the girls that tried out. As I flipped through some more, I noticed how the boys notice particular things that the girls didn't and vice versa.

A thought popped into my head. A brilliant thought! I walked back to my bed and picked up my phone, scrolling through my contacts until I found Jason's name. It rang for a second or two before he picked up.

"HELLO?" he yelled into the phone.

"Why are you yelling?" I asked.

"Oh... Sorry. I had one ear bud in when I answered and I didn't realize how loud it was." He explained.

"Ahh, I see." I said.

"What's up?" he asked

I hesitated for a moment before asking, "I have a favor to ask..."

He was silent before saying, "Go on..."

"I was wondering if you could get your team together." I said.

"Why..?" he asked.

"Well, I would like you and the boys' opinion about who I place where on what team." I explained.

He was quiet as he thought about it, "Hmm, of course. I try to get the guys rounded up around three?"

"Great! Thank you so much!" I shrieked.

"Yep, no problem. See you later."

"See ya!" I said, hanging up.

So I'll get the boys opinion this afternoon, and I'll talk to my own team tomorrow. This'll help out a bunch with getting the teams situated. I don't know how coach Jen did all this when she was our coach. Gosh, I miss coach Jen...

I collapsed on my bed and looked to my side, where Cindy's card laid. Sighing, I pulled out my phone yet again to text Cindy.

'This is Summer... You gave me your card last night. Where do you want to meet for breakfast?' I texted. I didn't even get a chance to put my phone down before she had replied.

'Yes! Good Morning! Any place you want, I don't know this place very well.'

I waited for a moment, trying to think of the different places we could go to breakfast. Honestly, in our small town there wasn't many places that you didn't have in every other place. Than a little idea hit me.

'There's a little place called Debbie's Breakfast House.' That place had some good coffee as well as some damn good omelets.

'Alrighty, see you in an hour!'

.

.

.

I walked into Debbie's Breakfast house to see Cindy sitting in a corner booth. Her blonde hair was down in in what I assumed was a natural wave, she also had bright red lipstick and some eyeliner and mascara on. On the table she had her phone, an open notebook and what looked like an old fashioned recorder.

When she saw me she waved her hands in the air and motioned for me to come sit by her. I rolled my eyes as I made my way towards her. I pulled out my chair, scraping it against the tile as I scooted back in.