What The Hell?!?!

Sitting at the table, listening to Bryce's mom babble on about what colors I should pick and how I should use lilies instead of roses, and blah blah blah. On any other occasion, this would be interesting, and she would have my full attention, but finding out that your fiancé has had a brother that you NEVER knew about is still pretty shocking.

I found myself sneaking glances at Dylan, only to find him staring at me. Soon I found myself staring at him as well. He looked so much like Bryce, it was scary. There was an annoying part of me that wanted to know what this man had done for his family to erase them from their lives.

"OHHH!" Bryce's mom said loudly, clapping her hands together. I turned my head back to her. "I know, I can show you my own wedding album!
Then you can get your own ideas!" she said, walking away.

I sat in my chair, awkwardly looking at my soda.

"I noticed you couldn't stop looking at me." Dylan said, a smirk painted on his face

"You were already staring." I accused.

"Well I was just trying to figure out how my dick head brother got such an attractive girl."

His words made me squirm, but that was instantly followed by anger. I was mad at Bryce from keeping this from me, and trust me, he was gonna get an ear full tonight, but no one is allowed to talk bad about my man!

"Don't you dare call him that!" I said through my teeth.

He chuckled, "Wow, he got a girl with a little bit of a bite, too. Let me tell you something Summer, if you ever get bored of Bryce and want to have a little fun, give me a call."

His hungry eyes lingered on me for a second too long. I grabbed my purse, and started to head towards the door, "SUSANN! I'm sorry but I have to go!" I yelled up stairs, before stomping past Dylan and out the door.

As soon as I was in the safety of my own home, I whipped out my phone and called Bryce. After four rings I was worried that it was going to go to voice mail, but he picked up.

"Hello? Summer?"

"Bryce..." I said, my chest aching for him. But my brain instantly bitch slapped me into what this call was all about.

"What's up babe?" Bryce asked.

"What's up? WHATS UP?! Oh nothing, I just met this guy named Dylan. Funny thing, he said he was your BROTHER! Funny, RIGHT?!" I said sarcastically.

I waited for him to deny it, or yell at me, or I don't know. I wanted a reason to yell at him. But he was silent. He sighed, "I didn't think you'd find out..."

"So you were never going to tell me you had a brother?" I asked impatiently.

"No." he said calmly, but that only made me more mad.

"WHAT THE FUCK BRYCE!? Seriously? You never thought it was important to tell me about him? Why the hell wouldn't you tell me?! I don't see the logic in this Bryce..."

He cut me off, "You don't need to see the logic in this! This is a family matter Summer!"

Ouch. That was a slap to the face, and it stung.

"Bryce, I'm not sure if you realize this, but I'm about to become part of your family." I informed him.

"Summer, that's not-, I mean, he is the cause of this."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

He sighed. "My brother, he got into drugs, okay? When he left for college, he did something to my parents that was really fucked up. And when they didn't accept his apology, he basically gave us the middle finger and wrote us off. We did the same. So talking about him was just out of the question." He explained

"Well that's not the way he explained it." I told him.

"What do you mean? What did he say to you?" he asked.

"Oh, it doesn't matter." I said quietly.

"Summer? Are you alright?" Bryce asked.

I began to walk up stairs to my room. "Yeah, I'm fine. Listen, I gotta go."

"Summer I can tell your upset. Talk to me." He pleaded.

"Bye." I hung up and let my phone fall onto my desk.

I was upset. I felt lied to. Bryce had a brother. How come in that never came into a conversation, like, ever? I don't care if you had a sibling that effed up to know end, you can't just pretend they don't exist. Even though Bryce gave me an explanation as to why he never told me about his brother, I that deep down, that wasn't the whole story. But I was going to find out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment and Vote!